Tuesday 21 January 2014

Paperartsy - Abstract art inspired by Ellen Vargo

Wow, have we had a treat this week at Paperartsy - the oh-so-talented Ellen Vargo is the new GD - I've followed Ellen's blog for ages and it was with delight that I saw the Sunday post announce her arrival.

Such wonderful abstract art she's created this week too, check them out if you haven't.

I started these cards yesterday, based on her day 2 post and when I stopped last night, with the background partly done, I wasn't at all happy - but carried on regardless tonight, to a finish - and I DO like the results now!! Just shows, you can't always tell until something is finished, if it's worked or not!
 see, too much white space !
 but, adding collage elements and stencilling and more colour, helped.
the finished cards
 and close ups...

as you can see, I used the same main image as Ellen, partly because it's one of my favourites, but mainly because it's a nice open design and goes over the backgrounds so well.

not sure where that annoying blob of black paint on the greeting on this last one, came from!!

Anyhow, this was a great idea, fab backgrounds, Ellen thank you for this weeks projects - hope to try the tag too...

23 comments:

craftimamma said...

Oooh, tablet being kind and let me onto your blog :-). What a fab job you made of these Helen. The background looks wonderful once all the layers are complete. I've always loved that flower too! Well done on completing an challenge entry so quickly.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Miriam said...

Simply gorgeous Helen. I love your backgrounds and the depth and layers that you have created. Absolutely fabulous.

ellen vargo designs said...

Wow Helen! Your cards are stunning! I'm so glad you stuck with it to the end. Glad you liked this week's posts and love that you decided to give it a go! You've always been one of my biggest followers - thanks for everything!

Etsuko said...

Wow These four beautiful cards are perfect! Wonderful images and techniques. xx

massofhair said...

Fab colours Helen, great job with all your cards they look amazing:-) xxx

Deborah Wainwright said...

Helen I like these cards very much fantastic use of colours and I too love that stamp.

brenda said...

A fab fusion of colours here Helen and such effective over stamping.

B x

Lin said...

wow these turned out great Helen!! lovely bright colours and the stamp in black finishes them off nicely :) xx

Hazel Agnew said...

Fantastic. Just right for wintry blues. Bright, zingy and gorgeous. Love them.

Carmen said...

Ooooh! These are just gorgeous Helen. Loving those collaged backgrounds and the zingy colours. The images are perfect for it!

Ann B said...

Popping in for a closer look after seeing the cards in the WOYWW post and closer look really paying off. May just have to have an afternoon with my acrylics and make a total, if slightly artistic, mess.
Ann B

PaperArtsy said...

Such a great technique, well mastered Helen!

Words and Pictures said...

These are terrific, Helen - I love the collaged book text and great composition on each card - they work brilliantly!
Alison x

Anonymous said...

These are all stunning Helen! Wasn't it a fabulous fun technique?!
Alison x

sam21ski said...

Great technique and fab end product although having tried this I have to say that it is a bit daunting once you've added all that colour and stamping and the like. They really pop when you add the black images though and yours look stunning.

Sam xxx

jojo79 said...

Great colours Helen and the end result it beautiful.

Jo
c

Anonymous said...

They are gorgeous Helen, the colours are fantastic.

Virginia said...

Oh my they are utterly gorgeous Helen, so bright and vibrant and positive! Might have to check that post out!

Lori said...

Hey these turned out great Helen! Love the colors! I want to try this..yep...need to put it on that ever growing list. LOL. Thanks for the comment about the blog..I do so appreciate the comments! And, although I don't comment often on yours, I still stalk it! LOL

Trish said...

Oh they are just gorgeous Helen!

Cocofolies said...

Great set of cards, I love them all! your backgrounds are fab and your choice of stamps perfect.. Gorgeous work! Coco x

Julie Lee said...

Wow! Helen, these work amazingly! This is just such a brilliant technique and you have mastered it so well. Great step by step pics! That stamp looks great with the lovely vibrant bgs. Julie Ann xxx

Gillian .... said...

Fab set of cards Helen, really loving the bright colours at the mo. xx