Saturday 25 January 2014

Spring Sprung...journal page

Well I eventually got hold of my new stamps today, even though the postman didn't knock but just pushed a card through the door, so I had to go and collect them from the sorting office....still, I got them..

I had some paint on a journal page, in random splodges, that needed attention!
 Once I'd got colour on my page, applied with both brayer and brush and cut 'n'dry foam... I stamped the background from Tim's Papillon set, in Cornflower blue archival ink, randomly over the page. (sorry about this photo, the flash wouldn't fire!)
I applied watered down Antarctic paint to knock back the stamping...
Then added some of the new stamps from Spring Sprung and the sentiment from Urban Chic (stamped on tissue paper and blended in with watered Antarctic paint again)
The butterfly I stamped with the Orange Blossom archival, and the grasses with Watering Can.
To finish I added some of the little resting bird dies in amongst the grasses.

10 comments:

anon said...

Love everything about this Helen!! Fi x

sam21ski said...

Love your background, love that stamp and I also love the grunge butterfly stamp, I have it in the wooden variety.

Great pages - Sam xx

Unknown said...

Fab hunni. Love the stamps! xx

May said...

O my word Helen, I adore the background...WOW.. Love the stamps...Hugs May x x x

Anonymous said...

There is nothing as lovely as the arrival of new stamps!
Such beautiful pages, there is a lovely delicate nature to them.
Wishes
Lynne

Deborah Wainwright said...

Ooh Helen this journal page is a bit nice loving the stamps. So glad you got to play xx

Words and Pictures said...

How funny... I just got Spring has Sprung (had to have those grasses!!)... Simply beautiful pages, Helen - I love the text in the background under the whitewash (ice-blue wash), and the fluttering butterflies - gorgeous!
Alison x

massofhair said...

Stunning pages Helen. Everything works so well together it flows. This is one of your best Journal page spreads i've seen :-) xxx

Lin said...

lovely lovely pagers Helen!! Great new stamps and the colours are fab!!

Virginia said...

Oh they are gorgeous!