Sunday 5 January 2014

Time to use up the leftovers ...

... for a challenge set by Val at Snazzy's.... use up your leftovers!  Well, I'm doing ok on eating up the Christmas choccies and snacks, so it was time to turn my attention to my craft supplies!!

I have a whole stack of these Paperartsy postcards ...

 so took a couple and started adding layers of translucent Fresco paints - London Bus, Tango, Yellow Submarine, then watered down Antarctic which I dabbed off and splattered on, before adding further layers, sage, and finally watered down stone. I still wanted to see some of the printing underneath...
I then added some stamping  - Kaisercraft images and then cut the postcards into strips. (I've done this before, and really liked the effect)
in the journal, I painted the pages with Stone, and then stamped using watered down Squid Ink, the Paperartsy mini Brick Wall, and the Kaisercraft crackle, randomly.
then it was time to layer up the postcard strips....











and finally I cut the second postcard into two, trimming close the the stamped image and edging the card with Black Soot distress ink...

I've had the usual problems photographing this due to light, but hope you can make it out ok!





16 comments:

Michelle Webb said...

Fab idea Helen, love it. Michelle x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous page Helen, the layers look great.

sam21ski said...

Great pages, love how you've used the postcards

Sam xxx

Lin said...

Love them Helen the post card strips look great!!

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, delicious... love the stamped strips, and the layout on the page is fabulous, so dynamic!
Alison x

Anonymous said...

Brilliant idea Helen! It looks great! x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great pages, love the stamped strips. Very dramatic pages. Lovely. Tracy x

Sarah Anderson said...

ooooo, fab page!!!

Julie Lee said...

This is such a great idea for using up leftovers! It looks really effective. Julie Ann xx

fairy thoughts said...

you've made a good start with using up the stash great page.
I have finally started an art journal.... you knew it was only a matter of time :-)
janet

massofhair said...

Good idea to use up your scraps, pages look great :-) x

Carmen said...

That's a great idea! Am thinking they would look cool woven too! Hmmm. I know I have some postcards somewhere!

Reply love these pages Helen :-)

snazzyoriginal said...

Thanks for entering the Snazzy challenge Helen. Love these pages, the Kaiser stamps sliced look great xx

Artyjen said...

Just thinking of all the left overs I have to use fills me with dread!!! LOL
Your pages look so cool! ;)
xoxo Sioux

craftimamma said...

I do love your journal pages Helen and these are no exception!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Minxy said...

Awesome job Helen, love the use of the postcards xo