Wednesday 29 January 2014

DragonsDream - TIO #159 - F and Green

Hi, it is my team-mate May's turn to choose the TIO letter and theme this fortnight for you - and it's F and green.Don't forget we need you to make a tag, and use real stamps!

I had been using some green Fresco paint in a journal page and had some left over on my craft mat, so as always, used it on the next page in the journal... so I decided to use this for my tag base this time - I don't normally do anything other than a standalone tag, but, hey, a change is as good as a rest!

 following the Paperartsy challenges set by Ellen last week, I added some more colour to the page with my brayer
then stencilled some flowers - which is my F word! using Salty Ocean distress ink, and stamped a sentiment from one of Jo Firth Young's Paperartsy stamps
 for the tags, I coloured them with Sage Fresco paint front and half of the back, stamped some script (Paperartsy) in Cornflower blue archival ink and folded them, stapling them "shut".

The main images are stamps from Crafty Individuals, stamped on white card and coloured with my Inktense watercolur pencils, poking them out of my folded tag.

 Edged the tags with Walnut Stain distress ink before fixing them to the pages with doubled sided tape.



Hope you come and play with the Dragons this fortnight!

13 comments:

Julie Lee said...

I love Sage Fresco. I've been using it a lot lately. Gorgeous CI images too. This is such a pretty and inventive idea. Really enjoyed your take on the recipe. Julie Ann xx

Gabrielle said...

Love your journal pages (but then you know that already!) and that you took a totally fresh approach this fortnight. Great idea to use the tags as pockets! Mwah x

Virginia said...

Oh that's lovely - very spring like - wish it would hurry up and arrive LOL!

craftytrog said...

Those CI flowers are favourites of mine. This is gorgeous Helen! x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Love how you've incorporated your tags in these pages. Wonderful.

craftimamma said...

Neat idea for showing off your tags Helen as well as using up left over paint. The daisy stencil is lovely and I love the blue and green together on your pages.

Hugs
Lesley XX

Words and Pictures said...

Love those tag pockets - what a brilliant way to display the gorgeous tags!
Alison x

Anonymous said...

Fab page, I love how you used the tags.

Carmen said...

I'm with Virginia. Wish the Spring would hurry up already!

Lovely pages Helen. Don't eat the daisies! That made me chuckle!

May said...

Fabulous idea Helen to use your tags on these brilliant pages...Love the flowers... Hugs May x x x

sam21ski said...

I thought you'd lost the plot when I saw your first photo of the background in your journal page, coz I know the T in TIO means Tag and a tag isn't a journal page - lol. Then all was revealed!!!

Great idea and fab pages xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Beautiful way to represent the challenge, Helen. I really like how you tucked your tag in your journal. Lovely images, too.

ElizabethR said...

Great tag and I love that it's been used alsewhere. Elizabeth xxx