Wednesday 1 January 2014

Dragons Dream - TIO - T and stencils

Hello and happy New Year to you all - good to have you on board with the DragonsDream team - our next theme is chosen by me, and I want you to use the letter T and to incorporate stencil(s) in your tag. .not forgetting one real stamp!

I was given a fabulous large tree stamp (Donna Downey for Prima) for Christmas that was just begging to be used! I forgot to take any pictures during the making of the tag, oops!
 I started by painting the tag with blue Fresco paint, I used Ice Blue. I stencilled Grunge Paste through the Art Is stencil, randomly and sponged some Beach Hut Fresco over the dried GP, and wiped some of the paint off, before sanding the GP back.

I painted the tree using Frescos and stamped it onto the tag, but it didn't come out very well, so overstamped using Gathered Twigs and Mowed Lawn distress inks which showed up a little more.







I used a second stencil, which is from the Crafters Workshop "well rounded" stencil, (it has several shapes on it ) in Chipped Sapphire



I outlined the leaves and trunk with my white Sharpie marker and added some green ribbons, and some little die cut birds (memory box) to the branches.




The text is one of Tims, stamped and cut from a scrap of white card and edged with Chipped Sapphire distress ink and 3d foam pads to add it to the tag.

I look forward to seeing your tags.

15 comments:

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a wonderful background and great texture, too. Wishing you a Happy New Year.

jojo79 said...

Love your tag. I really like the circle stencil.

Jo

Netty said...

Loving the background and fab textures. Happy New Year Helen, hugs Annette x

Anonymous said...

Fantastic tag, the background is gorgeous.

sam21ski said...

Oooh great tag, love your tree

Sam xx

Anonymous said...

That tree is fab! Great tag Helen! x

Julie Lee said...

I love your tree. As you probably know I love trees generally - anything you can find in a garden large of small and I'm happy! A beautiful tag! I love the blue too! Julie Ann xx

Gabrielle said...

Loved this theme and love your tag too! That tree is fabulous! Happy New Year my friend x

May said...

Fabulous tag Helen, Love the background design... Wonderful tree...great choice!! Wishing you & your family a blessed 2014.... Hugs May x x x

massofhair said...

Beautiful Tag, your tree is getting a lot of use i am glad to see:-)

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous tag, and a great recipe! That tree is lovely against the textured background.
Alison x

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

What a great stamp image. You've worked really well with it, love the layering up.

Carmen said...

Oh I love what you did to the background, it makes it look so dimensional! This is lovely Helen :D

BTW - have used my splat stencil and am in LOVE with it - I think you'd use it loads! Not that I'm encouraging you or anything ;)

Deborah Wainwright said...

Loving your tree Helen fab tab tag xx

craftimamma said...

This is fabulous Helen! It looks like a reflection in water with raindrop ripples! I love it AND you've used my most favourite quote stamp of all!

Hugs
Lesley Xx