Saturday 1 February 2014

Steampunk postcards - inspired by Gillian for Paperartsy

Thanks for all the lovely comments about my scrap book page, I really had fun doing it and have already looked out some more photos to do another one...

So, last night's Paperartsy artist was the lovely - and very talented - Gillian Simson - who was taking a break from her studies to wow us with some of Darcy's new stamps... which aren't released till later this month.  She also used her 'cut up post card' technique that I love so much... so it would be rude not to have another play, right?!

 I was going to make it this way, but when I decided which stamps I was using, realised it would work better in landscape format...
 Used Frescos in Antarctic, Beach Hut, Eggplant, Yellow Submarine, and a touch of South Pacific.
Stamps were from the HP1107 set, stamped the cogs or wheels in black, and the clock in Eggplant round the edge.
 stamped the two steampunk birds on white smoothy paper and painted them with the same colours, then cut them out (boy, was that fiddly!) and placed them on the background.
stamped and cut up the text from the set, and added some metal bits and bobs from my stash...
Not used these guys for ages, it was nice to play with them again!!

Off to link up with the Paperartsy challenge here 

20 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't seem to keep up with you. I was just coming to see your scrapbook page when I saw this post. I love the look of steampunk and would like to do more of it. Yours is simply stunning.

Gillian .... said...

Woo hoo ... I know I can always rely on you to come up trumps Helen and you did again ... it's great to see these two old birds back (not used them in a while), loving the addition of Eggplant to your colour combo. Thanks again. xx

sam21ski said...

Fab technique isn't it, your pages came out brilliantly, love your colour and image choices, perfect match

Sam xxx

Hazel Agnew said...

This is totally gorgeous Helen, you are on a creative roll. Adore the colours and stamps used. Works soooo well. Bet that you are buzzing!

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous, great colours & textures again.

Lori said...

Fab take on Gillian's project Helen! Lovely!

Lin said...

Great take on Gillians piece Helen..I love the colours ou've used and those stamps work really well!! you have been a busy girl haven't you!!

craftytrog said...

I love this Helen! The colours, the stamps, everything! It's fab! x

Darcy Marshall said...

Fantastic Helen, love to come and see how you interpret each challenge, you are such a fabulous supporter of the PaperArtsy blog.

Etsuko said...

Brilliant project, colours and technique are so gorgeous.

Julie Lee said...

Another fab, fab, fab project! I love the colours, the background and I've always loved those birds - wish I had them! Wish list, maybe? Julie Ann xx

craftimamma said...

Brilliant Helen! Fabulous colour choices and images.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Diane said...

Very fun technique Helen.

Hugs diane

Gabrielle said...

LOVE this Helen! Looks really fabulous! It was worth all that fiddly cutting out! Mwah x

Deborah Wainwright said...

Really like this page Helen the colours play so well together. I'm really loving lilac/ purples with yellows and golds but adding the blue and green is ingenious. I also love that feature stamp - on my to get list. Great page x

Lucy Edmondson said...

I love this, great use of the postcards and wonderful colours. Great choice of stamps,

Lucy x

Words and Pictures said...

Very cool background - and I love those stamps!
Alison x

Unknown said...

Love this project, very funky! Hugs Frea

massofhair said...

Love this colour combo Helen works very well. Your choice of stamps suits this style very well:-)

Carmen said...

Very, very cool Helen! Not colours I would automatically think for Steampunk but they work SO well!