Saturday 15 February 2014

Craft Barn - Q&L - 3 Strong (or Miss)

Last week whilst I was at Stamperama at Stevenage, spending heavy (as you do!) the latest Craft Barn Q&L challenge was released.  The lyric or quote prompts this time are Strong, or Miss.

Much searching ensued - I liked the Churchill quote that has been used already (Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong) but decided to keep looking.. This afternoon whilst waiting for some Grunge Paste to dry for another challenge, I jotted down a few others I liked.... the only Miss I could find that I even part-way thought about using was "Miss You Nights" by Cliff Richard (or Westlife depending on your generation!) but in the end, stuck with Strong.

I wanted to use my new Stencil Girl stencil that has lots of different hearts on..  and went pink - very pink!
I stencilled using the Picked Raspberry distress ink, then used one of my only 3 distress paints, which just happens to be Picked Raspberry too and painted in the gaps.


 Wrote the quote in a black Pitt artist pen and doodled on the solid hearts with a white Sharpie marker.




24 comments:

Sarah Anderson said...

This pink page really caught my eye! Such a lot of interest using only one colour :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It might be PINK, but it is beautiful. I like all the elements. You have some beautiful stamps and use them well. Glad to see your entry for this challenge.

Julie Lee said...

I loved that stencil when you showed me at Stevenage and I love how you've used it here! That shade of pink actually does look STRONG not all girly and pastel! It just shows what the right kind of pink can do! I like your quote. It meant a lot to me actually because someone very dear to me has just shown incredible strength of mind and been rewarded with the possibility of a job opportunity. No doubt you can imagine who it is. Seeing your gorgeous journal work, so vibrant and strong was like seeing 'joy on the page' in a way. Thanks for sharing, Helen xxx

sam21ski said...

WOW very PINK indeed, was you trying to hide this from me by any chance?

Despite the colour, love the layout and how you've used that new stencil

Sam xxx

craftimamma said...

I'm with Sam here. I loved that stencil when I saw it in your stash photo and it looks fab in your layout. The quote is really lovely. Is that your hand writing? If so that does make me envious as mine is rubbish and gets worse all the time!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Words and Pictures said...

Glorious - that stencil really is stunning, and I love what you've done with it here, and the handwritten words. Fabulous pages!
Alison xx

Lynn Holland said...

I love the pink and the pages

craftytrog said...

Wow! Very pink! I love this, those hearts are fab Helen! x

Myzdamena said...

Gorgeous! <3

Virginia said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Craftyfield said...

Wow.. a lot of pink! But the monochrome colour scheme makes the page very strong.

Pat said...

and a strong pink. Gorgeous.

TwinkleToes2day said...

Visiting from The Craft Barn - That is a beautiful page!! :o))

massofhair said...

Stunning stencil Helen, this pink is very appropriate & works very well. Fantastic pages:-) x

Unknown said...

Beautiful page! I love the pink and the stencil, gorgeous!

lena-dailyscrap said...

Great pink entry! Love the stencil!

carolfromkiwiland said...

Great quote and beautifully arranged page with the use of that stencil. Its a lovely shade of pink too.

Elaine said...

Wow - very pink and eyecatching!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Great pink creations.

Sylvia said...

Fabulous pages, love the stencil used and great quote.

Sylv xx

Anonymous said...

Blimey, that is pink, but I like it a lot. That's a great stencil, the fab quote is new to me & it works very well with the hearts.

Margik said...

Great page! Love the color and beautifull design.

Lesley said...

Great pages, I just love that pink! xx

BJ said...

Gorgeous PINK page love the new stencil. Sorry I'm late in catch-up mode......BJ