Wednesday 12 February 2014

As the sun colours flowers...

So, some of what I bought at Stevenage, that was still secret squirrel, was announced on the Paperartsy blog tonight (here, if you missed it)
 stencils, limited edition (fab colours) paint - and of course new stamps...
 so tonight I had a play.  The background colour is Chartreuse - yummy - and the leaf is stencilled with Seaweed - reversed the stencil so the leaves were facing each other over the pages.
 and some more, with some (not very well done, bumping using Chutney. My journal is very fat now and it isn't easy to work on!)
 then used the other stencil I bought (there are more, I didn't get all of them - wish I had...) and used Space Cadet and then bumped with Snowflake over the large clusters
then took one of the stamps which is a leaf, but with text pattern - this set is fabulous! - and used Saffron archival ink as it was close to the greeny-yellow of the Chartreuse paint but enough of a contrast to just show up - and without using an acrylic block, rolled the stamp randomly round the pages.

Finished by stamping the quote from one of Lin's new quotes set (that I claimed as my Paperartsy prize last week) on white card, cutting it in half and mounting it to the page.

Great fun, and great new products, Lin and Paperartsy, I love them!!

21 comments:

sam21ski said...

Love them new paint colours and mixed with the stencils and new stamps, your pages look great

Sam xxx

Deborah Wainwright said...

Those new colours are so scrummy. Really like what you have created with your playing. The colours all play so nice together. Xxx

craftimamma said...

Lovely pages Helen. So envious of those lovely new stamps and stencils. Aren't those colours just yummy!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Julie Lee said...

Beautiful page, Helen. I love how you used the stencils. The bumping looked great to me. Lin has created some gorgeous designs. Hurray for her and PaperArtsy! Julie Ann xxx

massofhair said...

Love your pages Helen! Fab colours indeed & your stencil work is fabulous. Need some of the stencils, they are adorable:-) xxx

Lori said...

Fab work with the stencils Helen! And those new stencils and paint by Lin are just so cool! Lucky you!

Anonymous said...

Oh I do like that dotty circle. What IS it about circles? They seem to be universally appealing! Stars? I can take em or leave em, ditto with squares, triangles, hexagons, rectangles .. butterflies, Meh - I prefer bees and flies. But I am hard pressed to name a single crafter who hates circles. They just GO with EVERYTHING!

Not to bad on the shopping temptation today....
:)
Romantic day with DH kept me from WOYWW so here I am today!

Mary Anne (27)

yoursartfully said...

Fab journal page Helen. So pleased that you like the new paint colours and stencils. It's a real buzz to see other people using your products. Thank you.

Lin x

Virginia said...

Oh that's beautiful loving the colours

Artyjen said...

Ooh scrummy ;) Thanks for sharing.
xoxo Sioux

Krisha said...

Well done! Wonderful use of the new stencils and paints.
LOVE IT!

brenda said...

It was lovely to meet you Sunday Helen and I did catch sight of the paints in your basket.

I made PA my last stop so that was the perfect reason to but a little more than I planned as not so far to carry - is that a lame excuse or what.

B x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Although I don't own any stencils, except an alphabet, I love stencils because you CAN flip them, unlike rubber stamps. This spread is fantastic. So glad to see you finally unveiled this stash.

Words and Pictures said...

This looks fab, Helen - love that texty leaf floating through the air, and the stencilling looks completely brilliant!
Alison x

Netty said...

Loving your wonderful spread, the leaves, flowers and words so fab.
Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!!! I love how you used the new colours. I haven't had time to play with mine yet.

Myzdamena said...

Ooh..beautiful <3

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Those pages are really lovely, and it is so good to see the way you developed the design. Thank you for your visit. I had to start labelling my ink pads because it was taking me longer to find the inks I wanted that it was to find a stamp. Hope you are staying dry and safe. xx Maggie #15

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is great and the new stencils and colours look fabx

Gill Edwards said...

im drooling over those stencils, i have a thing for them at the moment. Great page.
Gill xx

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous bright page Helen! So glad I bought that circles stencil...it's my new favourite!
Wishing you a crafty weekend,
Alison xxx