Sunday 2 February 2014

Another SB page - my favourite place...

Well, that didn't take long did it - one Scrap Book page and I'm hooked.... to be honest, these photos that I am about to share here, I've longed to do something with ever since I took them in 2008! You may recognise it as it's the photo I use to link to my photography blog..

So this is another page inspired by Pam for Paperartsy - though much less fussy and busy, you'll see why

 It was a cold, crisp sunny November morning - I had my zoom lens at it's maximum extension to bring the fountain close - and the sun was shining on the water droplets.
I am ridiculously proud of these photos and have tried ever since to recapture them.


I spent ages finding the right colour paper from my stash - again it's the back of one of Tim Holtz's paper stacks, and is a kind of bluey-green watery colour.


 I wanted a flourish die, or stencil but didn't have one so in the end I used the mini paisley swirl stencil and used part of it in the corners, rotating the stencil in each corner.  I used Lake Wanaka Fresco paint.
the sentiment is from Penny Black and says "Within your heart, keep one, still, secret spot where dreams may go" and for me, that's here at Kew, by the Palm House lake.

I added some dragonflies (Hero Arts) in Cornflower Blue archival ink and some watery blue dew drops at the corner of the sentiment.
I know I haven't been doing this SB thing long, but I don't think it needs more... !

Linking this at the Paperartsy challenge again and also at the Pan Pastels challenge where the theme is "anything goes, or use a stencil" - well i've done both!

18 comments:

Hazel Agnew said...

Loving your new page Helen. The photos are exquisite and don't need loads of background stuff to detract from them. Good balance. Go girl!!

Deborah Wainwright said...

Really fantastic photos Helen which you have shown off brilliantly beautiful page xx

Unknown said...

Well I think you've done the pics proud. You should be pleased with the result, and you're right, anything else would be too much

Tracy said...

Beautiful layout..stunning pictures Helen!
Thank you so much for joining in the fun over at Premium Craft Brand and good luck.
Hugs
Tracy xxx

Words and Pictures said...

You are so right to be proud of these photos, Helen - they are just amazing. And I love that you've kept the layout simple to let the pictures shine... but those flourishing swirls are just perfect to add to the sense of movement and light. Brilliant!
Alison x

margaret said...

Hi Helen your photos are fab!!! Lovely page

sam21ski said...

Wow you're on a roll. This page looks fabulous and to me, less is always more on a scrapbook page or you lose the photos.

Great job - Sam xxx

Darcy Marshall said...

holy wow Helen, those photos are stunning, you did a great job showing them off.

Ann B said...

Quite right to be proud of those photos, they are stunningly good, so much movement. Love how you have echoed the fountain in using the stencil, great work.
Ann B

Lynne said...

Have you really been converted at long last?
A fantastic layout Helen, keep it up. I have even started to do journalling but i am not very good at it. Looking for some pointers from you on Tuesday at craft club!

Virginia said...

Utterly gorgeous, hoping you might be hooked. Those photos are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Look at you, getting all scrapbooky! And doing it very well too, this is a gorgeous page. The photos are stunning, the swirls & flourishes complement them perfectly.

massofhair said...

Beautiful synergy here Helen. Stunning pictures can see why you are so proud of them, right place perfect conditions...

Love your CAS approach to scrapbooking, beautiful colours that reflect yours.

Fab page:-) x

craftytrog said...

Wow! You do take fabulous photos Helen! This page is simply wonderful!
Alison x

Carmen said...

Those swirls add such movement - even more movement Helen, it creates a kind of optical illusion to me. Beautiful photos on a beautiful page!

Julie Lee said...

Terrific page, Helen! I would be proud if I had taken such amazing photos. Love the simple but complementary background. Julie Ann xxx

craftimamma said...

IMO you are so right not to detract from your stunning photos with lots of background 'noise' Helen. This is a beautiful page and showcases them perfectly!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

craftimamma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.