Sunday 9 February 2014

Stamperama - Paperartsy Does it Again...

So, I hurried off in the dark to catch my train to Stevenage for this fab  little stamp show - I love it - and a longed for #PATwit meet up... there is a growing bunch of us on twitter who have met up and meet up often, and more who were going today who I hadn't yet met....

So I took my "posh" camera not the little one that is convenient for the craft shows (and boy, does my neck know the difference!) and a list of new things I wanted to buy.... after a bit of a kerfuffle with the train and breakfast on the way I met Lin and we hurried inside as soon as they opened the door...

 Darcy ready to go, and Leandra showing Lin some of the new "sekkrit" stuff...
 No close ups until later in the week when all the stuff's been released on the PA blog... you'll have to do with these long shots!
though you may see some if you enlarge the photos. shhhhh!!!
 lush-ness all around!
Leandra and Darcy demo'ing away
 some great samples from Lin Brown

 the PAtwits - L to R Hazel, Deborah, Julie Ann, Jo, Lin and Alison.  Great to meet Hazel, Deborah and Julie Ann for the first time, and Jo, Lin and Alison again..
 Later, I met Alison Bomber - who doesn't tweet due to lack of time (like WE have time, lol, but you'll know her blog through her Guest Designer slots for Paperartsy if nowhere else.. She makes GREAT art. in the middle is Cazz - without her trade-mark hat! and Lin again
 back to the demo's.
 and shopping...
 Darcy working hard again
 more lushness!
 Leandra here, making a great background
 for this fab piece of art with one of the new Lynne Perella stamps. ...
and I guess you want to see if I bought anything....
 stash pic 1....










two.....


have to keep some of this hidden till Leandra reveals all later in the week..






and 3

Sorry there are so many, but these are for Sam who couldn't go...  you said take lots, Sam!!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog post, you took much more photos than I did - sorry Sam! :) And your new stash looks wonderful.

Julie Lee said...

Brilliant post, Helen! So glad you captured Darcy doing that swirly thing with acrylic blocks. I didn't want to forget anything, but I expect I will! Really lovely meeting you and all my new friends and great to see Lin again too! You, Alison, all the PATwits and PaperArtsy made it a wonderful day!!! Julie Ann xxx

sam21ski said...

Excellent photos Helen, thank you sooo much for taking so many. Great photos of the stand and new stash which will be revealed this week.

Loving all your new stash esp that LP plate and those new lush paint colours and I see you picked up that stencil Hazel used the other day too!!

Also lovely to put faces to twitter names, namely Julie Ann and Debs and great to see Alison B there too.

Thanks for sharing - Sam xxx

massofhair said...

Fabulous stash Helen, loving the Stencil Girl stencil very much! Think i actually like the LP collage style stamp...

Glad you tk ur big camera & took some fab pics!

Must have bn fantastic to meet the #PATwits on tour. Rest up ur neck! :-) xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous photos, Helen - and I spy a "snap" - that StencilGirl stencil went home with more than one of us today!!

So lovely to meet you, finally... and here's hoping we'll rendezvous again at Ally Pally (marathons permitting...)
Alison xx

Deborah Wainwright said...

Lovely blog Helen with some really good photos. Great memories to keep xxx

craftytrog said...

Lovely to see you today Helen! Thanks for sharing all those great pics.
Enjoy your new stash.
Alison x

May said...

Hi Helen, What a fabulous post & great pics... so many crafty goodies... it's great to meet up with some crafty friends... Love your stash... Hugs May x x

craftimamma said...

Thanks from me too for carrying your super duper ( but heavy) new camera and actually using it, lol! I carry mine around but never take any pics!

Your photos are smashing and so is your stash. So looking forward to seeing it ALL!

Glad you all had a fab day and a lovely time with all the PATwits. Looking forward to seeing you in April at AP.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Hazel Agnew said...

Thankyou for such a comprehensive view of our day. Loved every minute and you did an excellent job of capturing the essence. X

Virginia said...

A meet up and craft shopping well there's nothing finer!

Jackie said...

Popped over to have a quick look at what you bought at stamperama and found I was in one of your photos!!!!! In the background !
Jackie

ElizabethR said...

Lovely stash of goodies no wonder your neck was aching lol. xxx

Artyjen said...

Ooh! Thanks for sharing your lush supplies ;) Can't wait to see what's new at PA later in the week.
xoxo Sioux

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fun day. Meeting new and long time blogging friends (or should I say tweeting) sounds like a fun day out and about. Throw in a bit of shopping, photo taking, and fun, and I can see why this was such a fun day for you.

Seems like there was something else. Let's see, what was it? OH I KNOW. The STAMPS and STASH (grin). BTW, I LOVE that birdcage. I can see why you bought it.

Netty said...

Thank you for sharing the terrific photos Helen.........and those gooodies....woo hoo, so fab. Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Hettie said...

Good Grief Helen! You sure know how to shop don't you! You have some lovely stash to play with. Enjoy it.
Hugs
xx

Carmen said...

Ooooh! This is making me wish I was going to Ally Pally in April! September! Get saving for September!

Lots of yummies here. In particular that bird cage and I do have a fondness for Balzer Design stencils - one of my most used and abused is her kind of paper doily shaped one.

Closing my eyes - MUST save for Comicon!

Kathi said...

Thanks for all those wonderful photos!

Very excited about the new PA releases.

It's always fun to put some name and faces together!

Enjoy your lovely new stash!