Friday 7 February 2014

CAS - journal page - Joanne Wardle for Paperartsy

Joanne  was back guesting for Paperartsy with a CAS card (clean and simple) using Paperartsy mini's and the new Lin Brown word set.  I was lucky enough to be one of the random winners last week and chose one of these new sets as my prize, and it was sent speedy speedy by Leandra (thanks!) for me to play with...

I decided to use the same idea but in a journal - this is my little Moleskine notebook journal, not my normal one - it's very slightly smaller.... I painted the paper white first with Snowflake Fresco and followed Joanne's method as shown in the post here 
 I used a different mini flower and added some little vines trailing down my brick walls
- took away some of the distress ink with a wet
paint brush to allow the vines to show up more.














Entering the Paperartsy challenge here   I probably won't get time to try any of the other GD projects from this week as I am out on Sunday to Stamperama at Stevenage, meeting many of my blog/twitter buddies for some serious stash-buying!  Hope to see you there...

15 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely Helen! I love the CAS design and that sentiment is fabulous combined with the flower. Tracy x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Helen, lovely page - it looks like a botanical print found in an old book. Elizabeth xx

Deborah Wainwright said...

Like the addition of the Vine Helen very nice x

craftimamma said...

I haven't seen any of the PA blog posts this week (been a tad tied up as you know, lol) but I love your page Helen. The vine on the brickwork looks lovely and the flower mini image is really pretty. Love the colours too.

Have a fab day on Sunday.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

massofhair said...

Really great journal page Helen, love the addition of the vines and the very faint brick areas. Love it!

Enjoy your self Sunday :-) xxx

Clare Lloyd said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at paperartsy.x

Craftyfield said...

Great page! Have a smashing time at Stevenage, wish I was going!

joanne wardle said...

i lobe that you took my card idea and made a journal page. it really works. I love the addition of the vines!

joanne wardle said...

i lobe that you took my card idea and made a journal page. it really works. I love the addition of the vines!

Etsuko said...

Beautiful page and lovely colours.

Virginia said...

Beautiful page always!

craftytrog said...

This is stunning Helen! x

sam21ski said...

Great page Helen xx

Words and Pictures said...

I swear I could feel my heart beat slow down and my mind soften as I looked at these pictures - this is extraordinarily beautiful, Helen. Such great use of space following Joanne's inspiration, and your combination of flower, colours, weathered bricks and quote is just perfect. I love it.
Alison xx

Carmen said...

Oh this is so lovely and delicate and the phrase is just perfect. Beautiful, Helen.