Saturday 8 February 2014

a Play Day - with Lin Brown stamps

Having a chill-out day today ahead of the fun at Stevenage and the Stamperama show tomorrow... I had some leftover ink in my journal :
 this is Spanish Mulberry, Lake Wanaka and Little Black Dress, then a light wash of watered down Antarctic
 added some tissue wrap with matte medium
 and then some of Lin's flowers from ELB04 - love these solid designs, because they show up over the quite busy background.
I used Spanish Mulberry paint for the paler pink flowers, and Watering Can, Cornflower Blue and Magenta Hue archival inks.
 stamped one of Lin's new flower sentiments on white card, and edged it with some Spanish Mulberry left on a bit of cut and dry foam

then took the sentiment from the Paperartsy Ink and the Dog Petals 6 plate and cut it into individual words,

had fun doing this one! Thanks Lin for some great stamps....

11 comments:

sam21ski said...

Lovely xx

Hazel Agnew said...

Like the way that it builds up and the finished result is perfect! X

Ann B said...

I LOVE this page, perfect.

Virginia said...

Fabulous pages, those flowers are gorgeous!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Holy cow, Helen. This is PERFECT. I love these pages. And you are right about the stamps, too. They show up over the busy background.

BTW, thanks for explaining what CAS is. I always wondered what the acronym stood for. Now I know. And of course, the page in your journal is stunning, too.

Have fun on Sunday. I can already see the $$'s flying away. Sorry, I don't have a sign for pounds on my keyboard. Please take lots of photos so I can drool. After all, I live vicariously.

Julia Dunnit said...

Well, the first picture had me thinking that I wasn't gonna like the end result, but what do I know !! It's really nice, a tres useable page I must say!
Have a fab day tomorrow, keep,safe I the travelling!

Anonymous said...

Lovely page, the colours are fab.

Deborah Wainwright said...

Great page Helen the colours work well and I love the sentiments x

Words and Pictures said...

So pretty - love all the different flowers and the trailing vines carry the eye around the pages so well. Yup, still on for Stamperama - as long as the flooding doesn't get worse!! Aiming for 10.30ish arrival...
Alison xx

Lori said...

Gorgeous Helen! Chill out....that's pretty American-ish! LOL. Or, did we get that from you? lol

massofhair said...

Fab pages Helen, great colours and i love how you have used the stamp set :-) xxx