Saturday 15 February 2014

Inspired by Julie Ann for Paperartsy

The lovely Julie Ann was back at Paperartsy sharing an altered suitcase - full of memories.  I decided to re-do one I had done some years ago, mainly because it wasn't very good...

 I started out slapping on some Peacoat (the new, opaque one) Fresco paint - but that was too dark, so whilst it was still wet, mixed in some Nougat and Chocolate Pudding. Spent some time faffing with the colour - still not totally happy!
Added some Onyxite TG on the corners and some scripty stamping
Inside, Julie Ann somehow manipulated a stencil... I cheated and stencilled and stamped on some tissue paper!
the lid has a piece of paper chain from East of India (found these at Ally Pally years ago!) and cut and tore it to fit
 for the inside of the case I made a couple of love letters on some watercolour paper, and there's an old, faded rose... a scrap of lace and a key
 Was still faffing with the outside!  Added some Crackle Accents to areas, to get the look of worn leather but it doesn't seem to crackle very well these days, should have used the Fresco one!!
finally a label which I stamped "treasures" (a Wendy Vecchi stamp) and some stencilling before distressing the edges and adding some Walnut Stain distress ink.

Sorry about all the shadows - after the awful weather yesterday (what a dreadfully windy stormy night!) it was so bright when I was taking these - not  that I am going to complain, it's nice to see some sunshine, long may it last...
I'm entering this to the Paperartsy challenge here 

17 comments:

snazzyoriginal said...

Very pretty, love your 'treasures' inside xx

Miriam said...

Gorgeous Helen. Lovely case and artwork

craftimamma said...

Well done Helen, this is lovely and I see nothing wrong with your colours inside or out. I think they are just right and beautifully shabby. The love letters and faded rose are perfect mementos to be kept safe in your little suitcase.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Words and Pictures said...

It's a beauty, Helen - and I love the colours, they're dreamily romantic - perfect for a nostalgic piece like this. Love all the bits and bobs inside... those letters are lovely!
Alison x

jojo79 said...

Lovely Helen.

Jo
x

Hazel Agnew said...

Good on yer for reworking an old piece, excellent idea. Like the finish that you achieved, love the romantic contents and good idea to stamp n stencil onto tissue for the inside. Really like it Helen. X

margaret said...

That's lovely Helen really like the inside and the contents, as well as the colours works so well!! Margaret

sam21ski said...

Fab suitcase Helen, love all your little bits inside esp the love letters and the tattered faded rose, perfect xxx

Julie Lee said...

I love what you did here Helen! Top marks for recycling something and making it new - well, I suppose, old really! It's so beautiful inside and out and how resourceful to use the tissue inside - beats contorting yourself like I did! Lol! Thank you so much for playing along this week. I am so happy to have inspired such a lovely piece of art. Julie Ann xx

craftimamma said...

Oh it's beautiful Helen. I love the shabby colours and texture and the love letters look so sweet nestled inside. Don't blame you for stamping on tissue as I've no idea how Julie Ann managed such clean stencilling in her case.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

craftytrog said...

This is gorgeous Helen! I love the little treasures inside.
Alison x

Etsuko said...

Beautiful mint color case, inside is very elegant.

Craftyfield said...

Love the shabby chic effect and the colour is great! The letters inside is such a sweet idea.

Darcy Marshall said...

Very nice, I love the inside. Great idea to use tissue paper instead of bending yourself double trying to stencil inside lol

Sue said...

This is so pretty Helen, I love your little treasures inside xx

Sarah B said...

I love the inside and outside ( the colour is perfect). The little items inside are a brilliant idea xx

Sarah B said...

I love the inside and outside ( the colour is perfect). The little items inside are a brilliant idea xx