Wednesday 12 February 2014

DragonsDream - TIO #160 - G - Birds

The delightful Gabrielle has chosen this fortnight's theme for DragonsDream - TIO - your tag should includes Birds and something beginning with G... I chose Garden.  I also forgot to take any photos until the tag was nearly finished... got a bit carried away!

 I added Fresco paint diagonally across the tag with a dry brush, I used tinned peas, Hey Pesto and Limelight, wiping with a babywipe to blend/remove.  At this stage I hadn't got my G for garden set in my head... when I decided on garden I knew I needed some blue sky colour, so used Lake Wanaka (there is a Sky paint, but it was too blue!) Added that, wiped it back with a baby wipe again.

Stamped the Tim grasses at the bottom (from Spring Sprung) in Fern Green archival, and the Stampscapes tree at the top,  The flower is by Rubber Stampede from their wildflower collection, I used Dusty Concord  and Mowed Lawn distress inks for that.
Edged the tag with Walnut stain distress and made the banner (Lin Brown for Paperartsy)
 now on to the Birds theme... well bird singular in my case!  Took a little bird on a branch by Artemio, painted it brown (chocolate pudding) and then mixed some French Roast with Grunge Paste, and added that over the bird. Patted the bird with my palette knife to create the look of feathers and let it dry.

Painted the leaves with a mixture of Tinned Peas, highlighting with Hey Pesto and Hyde Park.

Once the Grunge Paste was fully dry, brushed some Treasure Gold over the body using a soft brush, to create some shine and definition on the feathers

Having finished all my photos and indeed the post, I realise I should have added something to highlight his eye - I'll go and do that, you'll have to imagine it for now, ha ha!!


9 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Helen, I log your tag - the garden looks in full swing (wish mine was right now!) and the texture on your bird is fabulous! Mwah x Thank you for picking such a great interpretation of my theme!

massofhair said...

Google jut crashed as i was posting so hope you don't have two comments lol!

Love your Tag, like the way you used the Fresco paints over the background, gives movement to your grasses and flowers. Lovely embellishments and textures :-) xxx

Julie Lee said...

There is so much I love about this tag, Helen. First it's the word 'garden' and I love gardens, secondly those stamped grasses are gorgeous ( definitely on the wishlist), thirdly I love Lake Wanaka Fresco and finally I love birds! I particularly like the way you did the feathers! This is a really beautiful tag. Julie Ann xxx

Virginia said...

Love this - it's gorgeous!

craftytrog said...

Fabulous tag, I love the texture on the birdie
Alison x

Words and Pictures said...

I love the layered grasses and flowers along the bottom (well, you already knew that, I expect!) and your grungy textured bird is fabulous - terrific tag!
Alison x

sam21ski said...

Fabulous tag, love the foliage xxx

Anonymous said...

How is there a new TIO challenge already?? I haven't done the previous one yet! Bother.
Your tag is gorgeous, I love the foliage.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful tag, great bird sitting on the branch.Love the texture of the bird.