Wednesday 24 July 2013

Dragons Dream - Tag it On - Stencils, paint and ribbon

Welcome back to another recipe challenge from the DragonsDream team - and this time it's my choice.

I am really into my stencils at the moment, often in my journal (but that won't work on a tag challenge, eh?!)
So I would like you, on your tag, to use stencils or masks, paint, and ribbon.

I made a tag for a twitter friend who is in hospital and a group us wanted to send him some cheery wishes!

 I took a size 10 tag and painted it with Sage Paperartsy Fresco paint, then stencilled the mini ledger with Tinned Peas Fresco paint, using cut and dry foam.
I stamped the man (from Paperartsy ID04) in black onto some manilla cardstock that I painted in Sage paint, cut out and stuck to the tag, then made a mask and stamped some background stamping in coffee and black archival inks.

The stamps are all from the same set.

 Took some of the new ribbons I bought at the Newbury stamp show a couple of weeks ago, to finish.
sorry about the glare from the flash, I needed to get the photos taken so this could go in the post to Leandra (Mrs Paperartsy!) who is coordinating the delivery to Steven, who is in France.

12 comments:

Krisha said...

What a fascinating tag, I just keep looking at it. I did hop over to Dragonsdream and like what I saw so I joined the group.
Krisha #22

Julie Lee said...

Lovely tag, Helen and I'm loving this recipe too! I'm still so hot, I don't know about you and lots of things keep happening here to stop me crafting, but I'd really like to join in with this one if I can! Julie Ann x

craftytrog said...

Brilliant tag! Steven will love it! x

sam21ski said...

Fab tag Helen, great male theme

Sam xxx

Words and Pictures said...

I love the subtle sage background, and fab stencilling.
Alison x

Virginia said...

Oh fab stuff Helen!

Inkypinkycraft said...

your tag looks great and great use of the stencil x hugs x trace x

Carmen said...

This is lovely Helen both the tag and you all sending them to him. I'm in love with Sage colour at the moment :)

Lin said...

Great tag Helen he's gonna love it!!!

craftimamma said...

Smashing tag Helen and I'm positive it will be well received. Love the greens ;)

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Hettie said...

Great tag Helen. Love the stamps you have used too.
xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A great tag, fabulous background and images.