Wednesday 10 July 2013

DragonsDream TIO - Vintage, Texture, Flowers

Welcome back for another challenge from the DragonsDream Team - this time it's Trace setting the recipe.

We would like you to incorporate on your tag, texture, flowers, and vintage.  Don't forget to use at least one real stamp.  

To me, vintage summons up slightly sludgy colours, not that there is anything wrong with that, I am a big fan of sludge!

 I started by stencilling some Grunge Paste (Paperartsy) through the mini ledger stencil and let it dry.  Then I mixed a tiny bit of Chocolate Pudding Fresco paint into Stone Fresco, and applied to the tag, with cut and dry foam.
I then added some Squid Ink round the edges, and Treasure Gold (Renaissance) to the tag, hitting the grunge paste and the edges
I stamped the 'dream' girl from the 'One Penny' plate 2 range (Paperartsy) on manilla card, in coffee archival ink and fixed here to the tag with foam pads.

The Cherish stamp is by B-Line designs, stamped on white card coloured with Vintage Photo and Milled Lavendar distress inks. I distressed the edges and swiped some of the same ink round the edges.

The flowers I bought at Newbury last weekend, and I poked a little hole in the tag to stick the stems through.

Added some grungy purple ribbon from my stash.


14 comments:

Lori said...

ooo...love the texture on that background! Fabby tag!

ElizabethR said...

Gorgeous tag, I love the script background and the Lady is fab. Elizabeth xxx

sam21ski said...

WOW this looks fab, love how you've caught the light on it, lovely

Sam xxx

brenda said...

I'm so liking the lovely textures you're achieving with these pastes Helen and I definitely need to get some.

What about Luis, I'm sure he's off and won't be around when he pops up on my December calendar page.

B x

Virginia said...

Gorgeous textures on that Helen - beautiful!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fantastic tag with great texture, love the colors.

Ali H said...

Glad your stash haul from Newbury was as extensive as mine - see you have a stencil/ mask addiction too !! Now we just have to get stuck in & create with it all ! Thanks for stopping by ! Ali x #49

Angela Toucan said...

so incredibly beautiful Helen - wow

Rossella said...

Gorgeous tag, loving the colours
Rosie x

Words and Pictures said...

Beautiful, subtle colour palette, and I love your delicate script texture... a stunning tag, Helen! (And a great recipe too...)
Alison x

Julie Lee said...

I love the dream girl stamp so much and you have incorporated her beautifully into this vintage, textured, flowery tag. I tried to add the Dragon's Dream badge, as I was one of the dreamboat 3 last time, but can't seem to add it, although May sent me the html. The problem seems to be with the code. Any ideas? Don't worry, it was just a thought that you might know. Julie Ann x

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous texture on this great tag Helen!x

BJ said...

Lovely delicate tag, love it. Done your "Y" page yet? Hope work is OK. BJ

craftimamma said...

I love this one Helen. It's so pretty and the colours are so delicate. That Cherish stamp is fabulous and the background texture is lovely.

Hugs
Lesley Xx