Sunday 21 July 2013

Ancient Cities...

I recently made a journal page which (for once) I really really liked - and today have done a kind of variation on a theme...

When I did yesterday's journal page with the 'burst' stencilled in black over my background, I had a load of black paint left on my craft mat, so painted a page in the journal with it... Today was time to work on it.

 I added Paperartsy Grunge Paste through the ancient letters stencil.  In hindsight, I should have left the paste white... I started out with Picked Raspberry DI.  Didn't quite do it - wiped it back with a baby wipe... faffed about a bit, added Walnut Stain (worse) then ended up with Ripe Persimmon...


The main image is a stamp by Judikins called 'churches' - though I always think it looks like an ancient city, Rome or somewhere (not really, and I've never been, so only know it from photos).. anyhow bear with.....

Stamped it on white card and tore and distressed the edges with Ancient Linen and Ripe Persimmon DIs.

The other stamp is by Toybox and called 5 Women Frieze. Treated this the same way, cutting them into individual parts.
 The colour is wrong, but I quite like the actual page despite that....
Going for a lie-down now, it's got hot again!!

8 comments:

sam21ski said...

Oooh fabulous, love the dark with the bright red, looks amazing

Sam xxx

Anonymous said...

I like that a lot! Great colours & I love the images.

craftimamma said...

Yes I love the images too, especially the 5 Women Frieze and I must get that fab stencil! Dramatic colours are just right for those images imo.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

craftytrog said...

Fabulously gothic! I love it Helen!

Julie Lee said...

Loving these colours and images - so dramatic and that 5 women freize is fabulous! I love the buildings/churches too. I've been to Rome and St Peters is a bit like this. This is a great spread, Helen. Julie Ann xx

Virginia said...

Love the colours combination and images on this one Helen!

fairy thoughts said...

I like the colour combo too it does look a bit like Ancient Rome meets goth but in a good way
Janet

Carmen said...

No I think you got the letter colours perfect, it glows - the whole thing. I adore these pages!