Saturday 6 July 2013

Artstamps Newbury

What a day..... Newbury Artstamps show was great but the journey home not so...

Here is the picture you all want to see... as you see, I bought one or two bits and pieces.

Lots of stencils, lots of ribbons, some stamps, (and yes, some are Christmas!) some things to alter and so on...






Lucy wanted to know if it was worth going - I hope this isn't too late for you only I have only just seen your comment on the last post, Lucy.

I would say, yes. Although several traders who normally go, weren't there (no Craftwork Cards, no Ali-Craft) but lots of good ones (as you can see!) were there!

I don't know how you are travelling but if you're going by train good luck with Reading it's chaos!  If you're driving then you should be fine.

The crowds were much smaller than usual, and because there were less stands, there was lots more room to look round. It depends what kind of things you really like - but from my haul you can see the kind of things there were there..   The only people who had any Paperartsy stuff were Snazzy's who had a few of the JoFY stamps, but nothing more.

The journey home was a complete nightmare - I forgot to keep an eye on the time and missed the one train an hour back at 3.15, so had to wait an hour.... luckily there is a shelter to wait in, on the Reading direction platform but it was a long old wait!  The train from Reading to Paddington was ok (air conditioning working for one thing!) but the tube across London to Victoria was beset by problems because Victoria underground was shut due to a person falling under a train - so I had to get off the tube at Sloane Square and find my way to Victoria on foot - with a group of other people, we followed the maps at bus stops and so on. Luckily it's only about 10 minutes to walk. (still very hot though!)
Finally got to Victoria about 6.30 and home an hour later..... just think, if I'd made the 3.15 train I could have avoided all that hassle (assuming the tube was ok still then) but there you go....

Just need some energy to play tomorrow, now!!   Hope this helps, Lucy, if you see it before you go, and if you do, have fun!!

13 comments:

sam21ski said...

Great haul and apart from your little hiccup on the way home sounds like you had a great day.

I'm hoping it's not quite as hot next weekend when I go to my craft show!!

Sam xxx

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Great haul, looks like a fab day apart from the journey home!

Lucy Edmondson said...

Thank you so much for the write-up, especially when you must be so tired after that awful journey! That is a shame about Ali-Craft. I like Snazzys and was hoping to look at some PA goodies tomorrow. Glad you got stencils as that's on my list. I am driving three friends tomorrow. I used to work in Newbury and it's only a half hour drive for me. Getting excited now!

Lucy x

Words and Pictures said...

What a fabulous haul... so glad it was worth making the journey in that heat!
Alison x

BJ said...

Oh some gorgeous stash there Helen, I guess no room now to visit - LOL. Sorry the journey was horrid but glad you are home safe. BJ

Lesley Edmonds said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lesley Edmonds said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lesley Edmonds said...

You must have been so tired Helen...enjoy your stamping today....and the tennis final/grand prix ...

Lesley Edmonds said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Virginia said...

Oh I love your haul of stash Helen but the journey home sounds like a nightmare, hope you get plenty of time to play with the new stash today - can't wait to see what you create!

Carol Q said...

looks like you had a great time Helen - at least it wasn't raining on the way home lol. I stopped going to Newbury a few years back as it became so disappointing. looks like I might have to review that!

Julie Lee said...

Train disruption+ heat = nightmare! I once experienced that horrible 'person fallen on the line' problem on the way to meet a friend and was terribly delayed: poor you. I do hope you have time and energy now to enjoy the goodies you bought. More stencils seems like a great idea - you can never have too many! Julie Ann xx

Carmen said...

That is my worst nightmare with the tube, falling. Shuddering just reading that.

Great haul though - some interesting looking stencils :)