Wednesday 31 January 2024

WOYWW 765

 The last Wednesday of January - who stole that month?!  Welcome along for another round of WOYWW with the deskers at Julia's  

I had my new goodies come.... both on the same day, one to work (too big for the letterbox) and one at home (did fit the letterbox!)  

all courtesy of Paperarty's new releases and Stampers Grove for speedy service...


I put some of them to play straight away (well at the weekend)


a journal page
a  card (I need a birthday card for a friend but not sure she'll quite appreciated being labelled "aged to perfection" although she is the same age as me!) 
















another journal page... I was watching You Tube and saw one of the Paperartsy followers playing with the new stamps from Seth - the words particularly.

she had inked the words in (black ink) and then added some of the paint - I used the tomato and the rusty fresco you spread a bit of paint over a surface (she used an acrylic block I used my craft mat) and then stamp the stamp onto the paint before transferring it to your journal page  - only tried it on the "tortured texture" words  but like the grungy effect and will be using it again. 
then I finished the pink page from last week - added a few bits to the little tag and fixed the tag to the page. 



I did start another page but I think this is enough for one week - and besides, I might not do anything this weekend and will be forced to stage a desk next time!! 







I also had a nice morning at Kew, it turned sunny and almost felt mild!  

the witch hazel is coming out nicely


Next Saturday is the first day of the orchids festival so there will definitely be colour then!

Thanks for looking, will catch your desks very soon.  Happy WOYWW.   

20 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad you had fun playing with your new goodies Helen. Great card and pages. Stay safe and Happy WOWYW. Sarah #2

Neet said...

Morning lovey lady. My word, those new stamps and things certainly fired you up and it was lovely to see so much crafting. I like the idea of the new technique you are showing us, very effective but I guess you have to clean your stamp straight away.
I am sure your friend will love her birthday card and being the same age you can get away with lots of things.
Hugs, Neet xx 8

Crafting With Jack said...

Lovely to play with new goodies! You certainly enjoyed it, great pages. I don’t think I have ever seen witch hazel before. Fabulous colours. Happy WOYWW. Angela #14

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

New stash almost makes me smile but you're much better than me at getting started with it, I must learn from you. Have a great woyww. Hugs Angela x12x

Lynnecrafts said...

Lovely journal pages and a great card, Helen. I wouldn’t mind the sentiment so I hope your friend likes it. Thanks for sharing your Kew photos, it’s so good to see snowdrops already and the witch Hazel is stunning.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 11 xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Gosh, you did a lot! Just shows that new stuff is inspiring! First time for everything...'rust is a must', only said my mixed media artists, surely!!

My name is Cindy said...

Wow you have been busy!! And for once I don't feel envious of all that new stash as I have a tone of new stuff to be inspired by. Time is more of a problem. Have a great week, love n hugs Cindy #15

Annie said...

Loving your new stash and what you've done with them so far....lets fope we can all age to perfection :-)
Hugs,
Annie x # 9

Twiglet said...

Oo you have been busy - hours of fun there Helen. I love the journal pages. It's amazing how your experiments turn into such lovely pages. Clever stuff! x x Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh I don’t know, Aged to Perfection sums up quite a few of us I think!! Hope your friend likes it, I think it’s a great card. Those new goodies are great aren’t they, bet you’ ll have fun playing with them especially if there’s inspiration from other crafters as well.
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Lindart said...

Oh! What fun! So many new things to play with! I like your journal pages and your card. I like "aged to perfection", I once put it on a Johnny Depp ATC! That Witch Hazel is gorgeous, I've never seen it before! Have a great first week of February! Lindart #18

BJ said...

Oh love the ink/paint stamping technique, might have to try that one. Super journal pages and the card too (like a fine wine). Hugs BJ#07

BJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BJ said...

It was a duplicate, sorry - got an error posting original one so did it again only to find 2. Please delete this and the removed one if you like. Hugs BJ#07

Spyder said...

I love all your pages they are brilliant...someday I WILL have some I'm willing to show! Have a great week! Happy WOYWW!? ((Lyn))#16

Chana Malkah said...

Your pages and your card are awesome! You have definitely put your new haul to great use!

Nice grunge stamping! I love that page!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah, WOYWW #19

Lisa-Jane said...

Sorry for the late visit. Yime got away from me but its good to be back. I've missed your crafty hauls! I love stencils and stamps that are... not sure what the word is! Not an image, works anyway around, adds texture & grunge and painterly effects but not numbers or pictures. Does that make sense? Anyway, you have lots there that I like very much. Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #10

Kyla said...

ooh I love that phrase "who stole that month" it made me chuckle.
oooh, more stash.....nice and love the idea that you get some delivered to work too, genius!
Yes witchhazel is looking stunning too and loved your orchid festival photos from kew too
thanks for visiting my desk already
Kyla

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hi Helen so nice to see you put those wonderful stamps and stencils to use. Always lovely to see your new stash as it lets me know what's new on the scene. I miss out on so much nowadays. The technique looks so effective, I can see why you are going to try it again. Those PA paints look so scrummy, always amazing quality and creamy too.... enjoy using them.
Miss my Woyww days maybe one day when life is less needy I will get chance to come join in again.
Take care of yourself and thanks for the sharing Hugs Tracey x
P.S The witch-hazel warms up our Wintery landscape x

Mary Anne said...

Fab pages and a new technique to boot! Wish I had made it earlier this week cause I might have used that myself.
Still not feeling 100% and OMG! So late.
Mary Anne (4)