Wednesday 24 January 2024

WOYWW 764

Happy Wednesday deskers,  I hope none of you suffered damage from Storm Isha (or Jocelyn who is hard on Isha's heels...)  that means it's time for WOYWW again 

I had a bit of a play in the small kraft journal again at the weekend 

I added to the blue page.. 
and added some more to some "waste" paint on the adjoining page 
there's a small tag started to add to this page but it didn't get photographed!
I made a birthday card for a friend (she won't see this so it's ok to share it) 
the background is a sheet of paper that I overstamped  and the butterfly is stamped on tissue 









Neet, you wanted to know about the Sacred bamboo plant that I shared last week ... luckily, Angela (Crafting with Jack) checked it out and left a comment which I've copied here  - thanks, Angela.  

I had a look for you: This Flower Essence is for opening and aligning the main chakras to receive light energy. It helps us be a heavenly bamboo, a wonderful, flexible pillar of light. - Helps us stay grounded in our divine identity especially during spiritual growth spurts.

It’s not at a bamboo and the berries are poisonous to people." 

it is a member of the berberis family and it's true name is nandina domestica (that's my contribution! )

 I had a much happier day at Kew on Saturday, no more January blues - you can see all the pics here   it wasn't as cold as I anticipated (or perhaps it was all the layers)




the pond was frozen - it had been a very cold week!



It will have thawed out by now.  



Thanks for looking, happy WOYWW 

There will be new goodies next week, Paperartsy are on a new release week (ordered from both of the first 2 days, one more to come...)  They are also celebrating 20 years of business... and I am probably responsible, given how much of their stock I own!  



 

13 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the birthday card Helen and the journal pages too. Enjoy your new goodies when they arrive. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Nice to see the journal pages progressing and that card is fab too! I would never have thought of overstamping on paper, you learn something new everyday! Interesting fact about the ‘bamboo’, it was pretty anyway! And that photo of you still makes me smile, there was a Helen in there somewhere!!
Hugs LLJ 4 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I like the idea of the small journal so you can do a quick page when you don't have much time. I loved the photo of you in your cosy coat, I bet you needed that. Look forward to seeing the new stash. Happy woyww and hugs too Angela

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sorry I'm x8x don't know where that went Lol!

Neet said...

That birthday card is gorgeous. I must get some papers out when I can and use them up in this way.
My word you have been busy - what a lovely pair of journal pages you have for us. I love that blue colour and the bubbles on the pink page work really well with the images.
Thanks for the definition of Sacred Bamboo, I can see it is a member of the family with Berberis family.
I had to smile when I came to your photo, my you were wrapped up well, at first as the picture unfolded I thought the fur was a bush and then I saw you underneath. Well worth wrapping up though, fab photos.
Hugs, Neet 12 xx

Lynnecrafts said...

Beautiful birthday card, Helen and lovely journal pages, too. It must’ve been freezing at Kew so I’m glad you were well wrapped up. I wear ‘ankle warmers’ under my jeans when it’s cold. I get recycled cashmere ones from Turtledoves.
I loved the mandarin duck and all the birds sliding on the ice as well as all the pops of colour. I’m looking forward to the orchid festival.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 9 xx

Annie said...

I love that photo of you all dressed up at Kew....hope you had a lovely time.
Hugs,
Annie x #6

Lindart said...

You look nicely bundled up for KEW! We've been having very cold weather this week, with even worse windchills, up to -20°C. It is now warming up to 3°C today! Crazy weather! Your Birthday card is lovely! I do like stamping on tissue paper, gives a lovely effect. The pops of white on your blue page work well! Have a great week, Lindart #14

Twiglet said...

Lovely crafty activities on show Helen. I love the card. You certainly would need to wrap up very cosily for Kew this week. x x Jo

Crafting With Jack said...

Your butterfly card is lovely, I love the background. Happy WOYWW. Angela #11

Julia Dunnit said...

Ha, you and Paperartsy! a made me laugh about how much you own, but if you like a marque, you like it. I love the addition of Blah Blah to the blue page, makes me happy that art doesn't have to be serious all the time! I am late getting to you aren't I...easily distracted last night, see!

Mary Anne said...

Amazing art on display, as always. The ages are coming along - I love how you keep adding to them till you are happy. And you do look well-bundled for Kew! Very toasty inside that parka, I bet!
Happy WOYWW Day+2! I don't know WHY Weds. are always full of commitments!
Mary Anne (3)

BJ said...

Oh did I giggle at your Paperartsy comment, still have a smile on my face. I gave in and did a Temu order shock horror! Love the blue page, assuming the face and leaves are stamps, adore the layers as always in your work. Waste paint is cool isn't it....Brrrr it was jolly cold last week so I'm even glad it is milder now. Hugs BJ#10