Monday 1 January 2024

New year - let's craft!

 I took down the 2023 Kew calendar yesterday but couldn't resist saving this page, one of my favourites...  I had to do something with it - no time like the present 



help yourselves to chocolates whilst I faff with a journal...



when I found a journal that it would fit in - trimming was  necessary top and bottom (I used the Dina black journal and two of the linen paper pages )

I got out some Paperartsy paints and painted the pages to tone with the colours of the calendar page
I used a regular gel glue to add the calendar page to the journal for strength


I found a tree stamp (That's Crafty) and used Potting Soil archival ink to fill the edges of the pages 



after gluing the calendar in place I stencilled the birds on branches (Stencil Girl)  with Pinecones Versafine Clair ink


and some sentiments from the stamp set that comes with the tree 





This is the first standalone post I've written apart from WOYWW posts in over a year, and I am determined it won't be the last!



I would love to be able to take a photograph like this in real life - but sadly Kew isn't open at the right times of day for sunset/sunrises.



8 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Yay - good for you Helen! Great page.

Anonymous said...

Great start to the year. Happy New Year to you. Fabulous page too.

Miriam said...

Great start to the year. Happy New Year to you. Fabulous page too.

Kyla said...

Ooh fair play and good idea too
Kyla

pearshapedcrafting said...

Not surprising that you would want to use that gorgeous calendar page! You certainly did it justice too! Good to see this stand alone post too! Happy New Year, hugs, Chrisx ps maybe you might like to link to Art Journal Journey too?

pearshapedcrafting said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Val MacLeod said...

WOW from iconic photo to fabulous journal page, wonderful way to carry forward a much enjoyed image. Struggling to craft these days, must try harder lol!

Words and Pictures said...

Great that you found the time to journal, making the most of that wonderful photo - the bird stencil is a perfect addition.
Alison x