Sunday 15 March 2015

Paperartsy Challenge - Deconstruct

Hi, the new theme at Paperartsy is "deconstruct" or re-purpose or upcycle...There have as always, been some fabulous projects shared, lots of rusting from Alison and Julie Ann, and a peeled paint journal from Pam.
I had occasion to make some birthday cards recently for a couple of lovely PaTwits, and had some of the tissue left over

 I had the two strips from the edges of a 12x12 sheet of decorated tissue, left and decided to use this in two ways.











I painted a journal page using a couple of the same shades of Fresco I'd used for the tissue, Plum and Chalk, with a little Banana, brayered to get a bit of a patchy finish.



I took part of one strip, and die cut some shapes...the new Tim Holtz Thinlets die, Mixed Media.
This proved somewhat tricky with the thin tissue.. however, eventually it worked. I glued it to the corners of the page as shown


then to use one of the larger pieces - I damped the tissue and tore the edges so it would fit down the middle, leaving the honeycomb die partly visible.

I painted the reverse of the tissue with Chalk, so that the stamped images on top would pop more from the front.
Glued this to the journal with Matt Glaze, and painted over the top with the glaze too.
 I wanted some more of the honeycomb die, but it had been so tricky to remove the centres from the honeycomb shapes, I used a piece of Smoothy card.. ran it back and forwards through the Big Shot twice, before removing it.  Still a bit of a faff, but eventually got the centres removed.  It was too stark to leave it white, so I grabbed some Plum Chalk and Banana paint and lightly dabbed it over with a brush, removing some of the paint with a babywipe to get a hint of the colour
For the words, I used the words on one of Jo's new stamp sets (JoFY33) stamped in black on Smoothy card, and cut into pieces,(deconstructed them!)  glued to the page with double sided tape and outlined with black portfoleo pastel, smudging with a damp brush













hopefully this is deconstructed enough, it was certainly fun playing with the leftover tissue again. Entering the Paperartsy challenge here 

20 comments:

craftimamma said...

Wow, really love this page Helen. Those colours are gorgeous & well done with the tissue. Having used my dies for the first time today (I love the set) I can imagine how fiddly that was!

Hugs
LesleyXx

Miriam said...

Fabulous Helen. Properly deconstructed..... lovely page

Krisha said...

MMMMMMMMMM! Very NICE, love it!

Craftyfield said...

I haven't come up with ideas for this challenge, not an easy one. Personally I think you've fulfilled the remit , plus you've used some PA products! And it's beautiful...

snazzyoriginal said...

Beautiful layers and textures x

Hazel Agnew said...

Subtle colours, fabulous composition! Lovely art! Xx

Claire said...

Really nice, love that honeycomb die xx

Deborah Wainwright said...

I love this page Helen. I love the subtle colours and construction of the page it looks fab xx.

Virginia said...

Fabulous page and gorgeous colours!

massofhair said...

De constructed to specifications, check! Perfect pages for the challenge Helen and so pretty :-)

Art By Wanda said...

It's a wonderful page, Helen!!!

Julie Lee said...

I love how this theme can be used in different ways: journal pages is a great idea. I love your colour choices and the way you've given your 'deconstructed' pages such texture. xxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is just incredible! I love that texture you created and of course the gorgeous colours! Hugs, Chrisx

catherine said...

Very creative Helen and it looks fabulous
x catherine

Kirsten said...

That looks amazing!!

Lucy Edmondson said...

This looks amazing, Helen. I had a problem recently when I hadn't made enough tissue for a project; it is really hard to replicate, better to have some left over,

Lucy x

Lucy Edmondson said...

This looks amazing, Helen. I had a problem recently when I hadn't made enough tissue for a project; it is really hard to replicate, better to have some left over,

Lucy x

Etsuko said...

This is a gorgeous page Helen. Many lovely textures and beautiful colours. Wonderful Jofy's words. xx

craftytrog said...

Absolutely fantastic page!

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely ways to use that fab tissue - waste not, want not... and the finished page looks stunning.
Alison xx