Sunday 8 March 2015

Dragonflies and Crows

Discovered a page in my A6 journal which I've never shared - mainly because I have been undecided as to whether it's finished or not. But I was playing on another couple of pages today so decided to pop them all here for you.    
Can't remember which blues I used now, and the crows and arrows are Tim dies, with strips of tissue tape and a Tim stamp from one of his Classics plates.
 this page was leftover brushings from some of the new Frescos, although I can't remember which ones here either! the mauvey one is Lavender though...
 added some stencilled dragonflies (one of the new Crafters Workshop stencils I got the other day) in Blueberry, and doodled with a paintbrush round the edges in Glass Blue.

Given my colours I probably should have found a fish, as it has an underwater feel with the JoFY flowers from JoFY33. (painted with Glass Blue and China)
More blue leftover paint on this page, and the same dragonfly stencil, this is done in Blueberry, with Glass Blue again.

Stamped the dragonfly from JoFY13 and coloured it in with Glass Blue too, and some doodling with a sparkly gel pen.

Be Happy and the Perfectly Imperfect comes from JoFY34.


11 comments:

snazzyoriginal said...

Great pages, love the crows x

Claire said...

Lovely pages, esp like the glass blue on the JOFY flowers and dragonfly X

Virginia said...

Lovely page

Kirsten said...

Fab pages Helen, the colours are great.

Zeynep said...

Very nice page with beautiful colors..

Inkypinkycraft said...

great colours on your pages

catherine said...

This is a wonderful page Helen and love the colours. I don't think any of my journal pages are ever finished as I am always adding more. That I think is the joy of journalling
x catherine

massofhair said...

Fantastic colours and stencils, loving your page :-)

Ali H said...

Hi Helen
Great journal page & I really like your mini box project down below too ! I am having fun with those new JOFY stamps too - think they might be addictive ! Ali xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I can see you have had fun here (and with your gorgeous little flower box! The colours here are fabulous! Love the doodles! Chrisx

Words and Pictures said...

Those bold black crows look great against the blue sky background, and I just love your new Blues mop-up pages. Fabulous brushed background, and I think the translucent flowers work beautifully (who needs fish?).
Alison xx