Wednesday 18 March 2015

Dragons Dream - TIO - Toffee and Lace

Hello, and welcome for another fortnightly challenge from the Dragons-  this week the multi-talented Julie Ann would have us dreaming of toffee and lace.  

Fortunately there is a Fresco paint colour called Toffee, so I used that as my starting point.
Put a blog of paint on the tag (size 8) and brayered it out to mostly cover the tag, I left a few gaps for a bit of interest.
 I added some stencilling - one of the new Crafters Workshop stencils (this one is called butterfly collage, although I've not used the butterfly bits!)  I mixed some Prima light paste with a bit of the toffee paint, and stencilled the criss cross pattern down the right side of the tag.

It was a bit odd looking when it dried,so I partly sanded it back and added some of the same stencil with Nougat Fresco, both sides.
I edged the entire tag with a little Nougat on a piece of cut and dry foam.
Took me a while to figure out how to incorporate the lace, I tried all kinds of things, kept faffing, as you do.  In the end I settled for this, gluing it lightly in place, and took a silicone flower which I first painted with diluted Nougat, (to hide the pale pink) and coloured it with Renaissance Treasure Gold, and glued it to the lace into the hole in the tag.  It wouldn't stay in place, so added a brad
My centrepiece is a stamp by Dina Wakley, one of her new scribbled sillhouette ladies, stamped in black, on white Smoothy card from Paperartsy, and cut out.

The sentiment (also by Dina) went at the bottom, partly to give her something to ground her, so she wasn't hanging in mid air, and partly cos there was nowhere else left for it!! I edged the card with Toffee paint, and stapled it to the tag with Tim's tiny attacher.

Hope you'll come and see what the other Dragons have dreamt up this time - don't forget to join in, make a tag and use at least one real stamp.

16 comments:

massofhair said...

Great way to ground your silhouetted lady Helen, some fabulous colours and textures here also. Fantastic Tag, love Julie Ann's choice this time :-)

brenda said...

I'm a bit like buses Helen, not here for days then twice in one day !

What a wonderful name for the Toffee pain and such a lush inky tag.

B x

Gabrielle said...

Love your tag - the colour is just perfect and Dina's stamps look amazing - think I might *need* those!

Julie Lee said...

Great take on the recipe, Helen. I love how you incorporated Dina's silhouette lady! Like Gabrielle I really feel that this is a stamp I can't do without much longer! This is a beautiful tag Helen: I really like what you created from Toffee and Lace! xxx

Kirsten said...

Terrific tag!

Inkypinkycraft said...

love the embellishments for your tag, great silhouette x

catherine said...

This is a fabulous tag Helen for our challenge and the image is fast becoming my fave stamp at the moment- just great to use.
x catherine

Sarah Anderson said...

ooo fab tag! Chris and I are going up to AFTH on Saturday, I can see myself coming back with this stamp set!!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Brilliant tag Helen! Ha ha! Just seen Sarah's comment - I had already thought the same thing! Love the addition of the lace! Chrisx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

So cool, that's a gorgeous tag.

Sarah Anderson said...

yep, that stamp set came back with me!!! :)

Etsuko said...

What a brilliant tag Helen! The Luxury background and Dina Wakley’s new stamp is perfectly match. It's a so cool. xx

craftimamma said...

First of all I had to chuckle at Brenda's opening comment because that's me to a T! I love your tag Helen! The texture is lovely and I really like the quote where it is overlapping the bottom of the tag. The main image is fab! Really love this theme and will try to join in this challenge if possible.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Art By Wanda said...

I really like this tag!!!

Words and Pictures said...

Yum... good enough to eat! I haven't got the Toffee (why?!), but I love how it looks with the stencilling and mixed with the paste. Great tag - there's somehow something very bridal about the lace over her head!
Alison xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oooh how I love that Toffee fresco paint. It's great isn't it. Perfect with your fab silhouette stamp. Lx