Saturday 26 September 2009

Got Archie!

Hooray!  I got an Archie - he hasn't scanned very well, sorry - but isn't he fab?  I have dug out a digital camera and am trying to remember how to use it (and charge the battery) so I can try and take some better pics, but this is for now!  We were wearing them as necklaces for a while, but I took him off to keep safe.

My sister in law Lynne, her daughter Rachael and I, have spent an exhausting but enjoyable day at Ally Pally.  Our preparations were put out a bit by my poor brother falling at work yesterday and fracturing his left kneecap, so is hobbling around on crutches, but said that he'd be ok whilst Lynne and Rachael came with me as planned!  Thanks Richard.

Anyhow, we got there just before doors opened at 10, and I made a dash for LB Crafts for their Archie (and B-Line) special offer - and I wasn't alone - I met my follower Kay at the till having managed to grab £25 worth of Paperartsy stamps to qualify for Archie - they were going fast.  I just want to say thanks to Lin and Leandra for the offer and Leandra for the hard work, they are gorgeous!!  it was good to meet Kay, isn't it strange how in blog-land you feel you know your fellow bloggers without even meeting them!

After the panic of making sure I got Archie, I could relax and enjoy things - Lin and Leandra were demo-ing some brilliant ideas and I could have stayed and watched all day - in fact I went back about 4 times.... some people HAD been there all day.

If I can get the camera working I will try and take a shot of everything I got - there is a LOT.

I also met Hels on the Stamp Connections stand and later went to her demo - again it was fab to meet such an inspiring lady. I am sure you will not be surprised to hear, that she demoed with Distress Inks and some Wendy Vecchi stuff!!  but also the new range of Mabel Lucie Attwell stamps (I collected my win from Jennie's blog!)

I bought a lovely hexagonal wooden pot which I shall decorate and use to stand my TSS tools in - eventually!  Can't remember for the life of me which stand I got that from, it's all a bit of a blur now....

As well as securing Archie, Lin also (as usual, and generously) was giving out samples that she'd made and I got a gorgeous chipboard piece decorated with TSS'd copper, terra, ferro, UTEE, it looks fab.

To round off such a fantastic day, I got home to find that my beloved Liverpool (sorry, football chat now!) had crushed their opponents of the day, Hull, 6-1 so it couldn't have gone much better - apart from a clean sheet, I suppose but maybe that's just gready.

Anyhow, I'll be back when I've had a few more cups of tea and watched Strictly and a rest!! See you soon.
EDIT - I got the camera working, took some photos and then couldn't upload them as the software has been uninstalled and I can't reinstall it - typical!!  I have taken a couple of shots of the "stash" on my 35mm camera but don't know when I will finish the film to get it developed!!

5 comments:

Lucy Edmondson said...

Hi Helen, glad you had a good day, wish I was there. Would love to see the photo of your new stash when you have recovered your energy!

Lucy x

PaperArtsy said...

Was nice to see you again Helen! Glad you, your sister and Rachael enjoyed your day!!
Leandra

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good day too Helen! Wish I could have met you, we probably stood next to each other watching Lin and Leandra! They'd run out of Archies when I got my purchases, but I did get a B-line birdie instead! xx

Anonymous said...

Glad you got one of these - they look great - Wish I could have got to Ally Pally!

Hels Sheridan said...

Hi Helen...gr8 to meet you hun...and congrats on getting Archie, isn't he a dude? Thanks for visiting my Demo....I used Distress Inks and Mabel stamps and the Flower Power sheet from The Artistic Stamper...not a single Wendy Vecchi stamp in sight tho hun LOL Have a good time playing with your new stash .. and enjoy your Mabel stamp, can't wait to see what u make x