Sunday 14 February 2010

All You Need is Love

Hel's Sunday Stamper challenge is another Beatles-inspired title appropriately for Valentine's Day.


I started by mixing some white and red paint (Claudine Hellmuth) on my craft mat - in truth it's pinker than I intended, I should have added some more white - I painted a square of sticky back canvas and when it was dry, stamped this "Let Love Bloom" stamp from Paper Inspirations in black on the canvas.  I stuck that on a coaster, added some silver hearts and some bling to the flower centres.  I added some rock candy distress paint round the edge of the canvas, though it doesn't show up in the pic, but it adds a bit of a sheen.

To find something to finish it with/on I was rummaging through one of my boxes of background papers - this is from Paperartsy's rum and raisin set - I made a vellum scroll with a french script stamp and tied it with some silvery ribbon.  For the final extra I found two white fabric flowers which I swooshed with some worn lipstick DI, T!m's small flourish stamp  and some glitter, and added a small pink prima flower and pink brad to the centres and stuck them with 3d foam dots.

Happy Valentine's Day - even to us singletons (see my post from yesterday.

I am also submitting this for the Alphabet challenge - P is for Pink this week, and the new Stampotique challenge site - which is "love" this week.

Have a Happy Crafting Week.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous X

Kay said...

I love this, very effective and gorgeous

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous art hun..thanks for joining in xx

Lesley said...

Beautiful! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Basement Stamper said...

Great artwork, love the scroll. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique!

Tinkertaylor said...

Stunning artwork

Lori said...

Great piece Helen! Love the use of the vellum as a scroll. Will fit in the challenge very nicely!

Betty Boo! said...

Beautiful, so romantic! Thank you for joining in our first challenge at Stampotique Designers Challenge blog!

Betty