Monday 13 April 2020

more journal pages

In between sitting on the garden wall reading and enjoying the sunshine,  I have been carrying on in my new journal

Pages still inspired by Kew (and using some new stamps)  and a more random page.
this first one reminded me of the tulips buried in the grass under the cherry trees











(seen here with the Chihuly last year)

I added some words later



then I wanted to do one with the new JoFY stamps



both of the above I have shared on FB so apologies if you've already seen them




This one however hasn't yet! 

 I started it yesterday ((Easter Sunday)  adding scrapes of purple paints (Frescos of course)

and added some stencilling with archival ink
 then some more stamping this morning
 and the big JoFY flower outline

I added a touch of purple pen (Ecoline) inside the outlines
and some words -  these are from a Lin Brown set but I used the big "dream" from the JoFY set, trimming off the rest of that sentiment -
it felt important that we dream big for tomorrow! (or the next day, or post-lockdown

thanks for looking






Stay home, stay safe, save lives.

6 comments:

Catriona said...

All fabulous, Helen. I don’t seem to have the knack for journalling but enjoy looking at other’s work.

Julia Dunnit said...

Annnnnnnnd she’s back! Found the mojo in the sunshine I’m glad to see!! Lovely lovely pages, I like the tulip inspired one, like a Monet! It occurs to me that probably of all the people I know you might be missing Sport on Tv the most? doesn’t mater, just think of the glut when lockdown gives way! Xxx

craftytrog said...

These look great!

Brenda Brown said...

Lots of lovely details Helen and pages that will bring back memories in the future. Beautifully done xx

Virginia said...

Oh your pages are so pretty, I'm loving your Kew inspiration!

have a good weekend

xx

Words and Pictures said...

Ah, great to see some process photos for the purple page - I always love seeing the layers build up. And now that you've put that Chihuly photo up, I can see the Kew inspiration even more clearly.
Alison x