Friday 10 April 2020

Lockdown journalling - Kew - Virtually!

I read something online somewhere (facebook I think, but who knows, everything blurs into one)  that suggested if you are having trouble sleeping to take a virtual walk in a favourite place.

I tried it the night before last and again last night (no prizes for guessing where...)  and it really worked.

As I drifted off to sleep last night, I thought, I must journal that.... so I have!

 I took some of the newer blue and green Paperartsy Fresco paints  (they haven't made it into the storage boxes yet so were easy to grab)


and "painted " a sky and grass
I stamped some branches (Lost Coast Designs)  in Peat Moss archival ink



 and added some wildflower/grasses  - mixture of stamps by Lin Brown for Paperartsy and Lynne Moncrieff for That's Crafty -  and archival inks in Dandelion, Peat Moss, Olive,  and Warm Breeze by Versafine
 I wrote on my page to remind me what this is about...
 added a delicate background script (Lin Brown for PA)  in Watering Can

and some splatters

So maybe today will be a Good Friday after all, even if I can only visit Kew in this way!

7 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

It's so important to document those pictures we see Helen, I find it much easier to express rather than words. It's a beautiful double page spread, I think you must continue this train of thought what a beautiful journal it will be when finished & you come back to revisit.
Thanks for sharing today Happy Easter xx Tracey xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Helen, this is a great idea. Just think of the gorgeous pages you could make, hope Harry turns up somewhere on one of them and all those gorgeous glass flowers oh my the thoughts just come pouring in! This could make a journal all on it's own and you've certainly got enough photographs that you could copy some of those and collage them into the pages, how exciting. Have a lovely Easter weekend, Angela xXx

Virginia said...

What a fabulous idea and look at the beautiful pages you have created - lovely!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So glad you got to visit Kew, if only virtually. I know you were going stir crazy because you couldn't visit there on the weekend. Now you have not only dreams of Kew, but a fabulous spread in one of your journals to admire when the need to visit gets too great. This is simply STUNNING!!!!

Words and Pictures said...

Well, you can probably guess how much this appeals to me! What a wonderful walk through Kew on your pages. I love the layered colours of the stamped flowers and grasses, and those branches silhouetted against the sky are lovely. Great use of the new blues and greens (guess who also has a few of them to play with!). Stay safe, stay well, and happy Easter.
Alison x

Kyla said...

ooh that's a good idea, not thought of trying a virtual walk. Love that you still post your cuppa and cake photos too :-)

Kyla

craftytrog said...

Beautiful page Helen!