Sunday 21 April 2013

Remember this?

Remember this mop up page (it was only Friday....) ?

continued by adding the butterflies (Tim Holtz Papillon set) in aquamarine archival, the text background in black and the single butterfly from Paperartsy from HP1203 in saffron and the buttefly from HP1204 in cobalt.

Knocked the page back with a very light swipe of Snowflake Fresco paint applied with a dry brush, to push it back into the background.
Stamped the butterfly again randomly, in black, and coloured it with the orange crayon from the portfolio pastels, blending it with my finger and heat setting it.

Took a piece of crackly tissue paper and stamped the Paperartsy mini stamp in black, and blending some paint (a drop of mermaid and snowflake) with my finger, on the reverse.  Glued it to the page with Satin Glaze by Paperartsy.
Edged the journal page with Walnut Stain distress ink., lightly.

16 comments:

Miriam said...

Gorgeous!! I love to see how you have developed the page. And - I love that butterfly!! Think I may need it!

Kaz Hall said...

Looking fabulous!!

Julie Lee said...

These butterflies are superb - a fabulous page!

sam21ski said...

Oh WOW this looks fabulous, love those butterflies and the way you've used and blended the pastels works perfectly.

Can't wait to see it IRL!!!

Sam xxx

Pinksparklegirl said...

I love this page, the papillon set is one of my favourites.

Fab use of mop ups lol

Krisha said...

Your "Mop up page" is mopping up around the journal community!! This really turned out beautiful!!

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, this is such a cool page, Helen - I love that mopped up background, and the butterflies look fantastic!
Alison x

Lin said...

loving your mop up page Helen..what nice happy colours..love that mini!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Inkypinkycraft said...

an amazing page from mop ups wow looks great! hugs trace x

Carmen said...

It's gorgeous Helen. I'm so glad you show these step by steps - I'd never have worked out how you did all those butterflies in the background. really love this one.

What are the crayons that you need to heat to set? (Just wondering as have never done that with my watercolour ones and wondering if I should have.)

brenda said...

As you probably know Helen, I am a real butterfly fan so absolutely love this along with the great fusion of colours.

Bad boy eh, I wonder what the future holds ?

B x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's ingenious what you can do with a mop-up page and some lovely butterflies. This is superb.

And thank you for wishing me a happy birthday. That was sweet and you were the first, too!!

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous page Helen. You have created so much depth with all the layers and the top butterflies look as though they are flying off the page.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Lori said...

Gorgeous Helen! Love the way the butterflies pop off the page!

Virginia said...

Oh Helen this has to be one of my favourite pages that you've done it's stunning!