Monday 29 April 2013

Crafty Boots - a Stamped Character

This fortnight at Crafty Boots, the theme is anything goes - but must include a stamped character.

I decided to get out my Dylusions journal, as I haven't done anything in it for ages.  Now, I am going to make a confession (to those of you who follow my blog regularly, this won't come as much of a surprise!) but I really don't 'DO' those cutesy cute figures.... but I do have one Dylusions set  which includes a figure, (Love Struck Lucy) so that fits the bill..... All stamps are Dylusions

Ok. here goes.



Sprayed the journal with water to help puddle and blend the sprays. I used Fresh Lime, Calypso Teal and After Midnight, then White Linen to lessen the very blue that After Midnight is....!!!



Stamped the dotty border (Inbetweenies) up each side of the page, then stamped the solid leaves ( Doodle Parts) with black archival ink and doodled over them with a white pen (Sharpie)


at the bottom of the page I stamped the art journalling border (also from Inbetweenies) 3 times, masking and alternating the position of the words.  I thought these looked like hills, so Lucy could have something to stand on..

 Stencilled some flowers (Dylusions - dotted flowers) in mowed lawn distress ink up the sides of the page over the borders
 the sentiment comes from The Right Words, and i used matt accents (I was going to say matt glossy accents then, but you know what I mean!!)
and here is Lucy grounded on her hill!


I'd forgotten what fun it was working in this journal!!

Make sure you come over to Crafty Boots and see what the rest of the team has done.

14 comments:

Minxy said...

I absolutely detest those dylusion figures {sorry} BUT the rest of the page is fantastic lol

Dee's Craft Room said...

As always Helen, your journal page is superb, and I adore your sentiment, we all need a friend like that.

Dionne xx

craftimamma said...

Ha! Ha! Nicky! Well I rather like them (only have one though) and I love this page totally. Paticularly like the white outlining of the leaves at the top which really creates some depth.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Lin said...

Helen love this page!! I don't have any of these stamps either..not sure about the characters lol.. great colours and love the white pen!!

CraftygasheadZo said...

Great page, I'm still deciding whether I like those characters or not, but she looks fab on your page and it all works together being Dylusions. You and Sandra use them well! Take care Zo xx

Julie Lee said...

Do you know, I have to agree with the first comment! I think your background is super, though - really well done and vivid. Julie Ann.

Krisha said...

Well, I guess I stand netural on the images, but I do think your page came together really well. I have the stamps with that sentiment on it too. Love the journaling along the bottom!!

Carmen said...

I love that background, really love it and the white around the leaves.

The quote is just lovely too - might have to note that one down ;)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful page, great stamping.

Nicecrane Designs said...

Whay a different style yours Hlen,Thanks for your comments at Alison blog about my little reader digi,,,so feel free to choose any product from my store for free.... email me to nicecrane@yahoo.com

Alison said...

Fantastic page Helen! x

Lori said...

Love it Helen! That's great that you grounded her on a hill! LOL....

Words and Pictures said...

Really fun step outside your usual crafty zone, and I love the result... kooky and quirky rather than cutesy cute (so with you on that!)... and the background is glorious!
Alison x
(I see you've been "Nicecraned"!! Hope you find something nice to play with - lots of non-cute stuff to be had!)

Virginia said...

Oh Helen that's fantastic stuff, loving the colours!