The increasingly inky and painty ramblings of a stampaholic, whilst kneeling on the floor. Yes, my knees do protest!
Thursday, 4 April 2013
Michelle's second project for the Paperartsy blog this week, was decorating a box blank to hold seeds for her garden.
I didn't have any boxes of a similar size to Michelle, but did find this....
not sure what it held once upon a time, I "rescued" it from the clearing out at mum and dad's house (yes, it's still ongoing...)
Painted it white first, then used tinned peas on the edges and top, and stamped the little birds in grasses all round the edges in black archival ink.
The lid of the box, I painted with mixtures of sky/south pacific, limelight/hyde park/guacamole
then stamped a flourish and text stamp on the top part of the lid in cobalt archival
Stamped two birds on tissue paper and stuck to the lid with matt multi medium (I found some by Liquitex in a box of stash, that I didn't know I had, and which is nice and runny). I sponged over the edges of the tissue with some paint as it hadn't totally disappeared (didn't tear close enough, I think, to the birds)
I over-stamped the birds and the bottom of the lid, with the larger birds in field grasses.
This was a fun, if quite messy way to spend the afternoon....!