Monday 15 April 2013

A Crackling Tulip Tag

I just love Lin Brown's stamps she's designed for Paperartsy (available here) and especially the big tulip... When I was at Ally Pally on Saturday I grabbed the matching die to go with the stamp. (well, I paid for it obviously, I didn't just grab it off the shelf...)

This is what I've done.. the tag is one of the big, size 10 tags. (which makes it hard to photograph!)


 Step one - paint the tag with the FAB sage Fresco paint (new from Saturday)  What a gorgeous colour......  overstamped with one of the Sara Naumann stamps -  from ESN06 (also new.. ) I used Versamagic chalk finish archival ink in oasis green because I wanted it to blend into the background. which it did. more or less completely. so I used ocean depth as well.
the numbers are one of the new Paperartsy minis (new... you get the drift!)  stamped using Tinned Peas Fresco.. the 'reflections's is another Sara Naumann.. used a Brilliance ink in green..(those of you listening to me ramble on twitter, this is why I needed green archival...

The tulip - I die cut the tulip from black card stock. The die comes in three parts so you can layer it.  I wanted to use the Fresco Crackle Glaze so pained a base layer of Blood Orange (new... am saying nothing!) then applied as thin a layer of crackle glaze as i could get, and when that is dry, added Vanilla Fresco. you then just watch the crackles appear...


I had stamped the tulip and it's stem twice directly onto the tag, used another Versamagic for the tulip (pumpkin spice) and a green pigment ink for the stem.  I added some watercolour pencil marks for the shading on the tulip that wouldn't have the die cut over it (and this is what, twitter folk, I thought distress markers would be good for...) but pencils worked just fine.

All this to show you the crackle on my tulip....

10 comments:

Lin said...

Love your crackled tulip Helen and all your *new* stamps etc you have used...when I saw the numbers on the side I immediately started singing (in my head of course) a rhyme we used to sing in the playground as kids!! now that is going back some lol

Back to the tag...it's lovely!!

Lori said...

Love that crackle! It looks fab on the tulip, what a great tag!

Words and Pictures said...

Wow, the crackle on the tulip looks so fabulous... you're clearly having fun with your new stash! A great tag!
Alison x

Inkypinkycraft said...

Lovely make and looks like youhave had lots of funwithnsome of your new goodies! Trace x hugs x

flutterbycrafter said...

Gorgeous, love the tulip, great crackle with those colours xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is great, Helen, I love it!

Lucy x

snazzyoriginal said...

That crackle on the tulip is amazing xx

Artyjen said...

That looks lovely ;)
xoxo Sioux

sam21ski said...

Fabulous tag and I really love how you use that tulip stamp

Sam xxx

Virginia said...

Wow I'm loving the close up of the flower, the crackling looks fantastic!