The increasingly inky and painty ramblings of a stampaholic, whilst kneeling on the floor. Yes, my knees do protest!
Thursday, 3 June 2010
So, I got to play with my Tattered Florals die. I cut some flowers from some paper (I cut my Timmy vintage shabby paper stack - oh no!!!), some grungepaper, mulberry paper and a patterned paper and did a bit of layering:
Then tonight, I re-layered them in different combinations and inked a tag (victorian velvet DI) and overstamped it with Tim's alphabet (the large one from one of his earlier sets)., stamped some Wendy text stamps and added the tattered flower! In the top right I used a leftover (see, I do sometimes!) bit of the Tim paper to cover a stray grungepaper flower I had hanging around (and again, leftovers!) and some fibres.
I didn't like the bow I tied in the fibres but the photo has come out ok (wandering around the flat trying to find enough natural light....) so I'm showing you.
I couldn't get a decent close up but as you see, I did undo the bow.
I will keep the other pieces to use for something else soon! I particularly like the large grungepaper flower that I coloured with crushed olive and rusty hinge DI's and stamped with Tim's alphabet - just got to decide how to use it now!