Friday 11 June 2010

Linda's countdown - 7

So, Linda's down to 7 sleeps left before her trip to Ranger U. Not that we're jealous, or anything. Check out her take on it here (I'm sure she'll upload her 7 soon....)

And just look what arrived at my office today in the post..... how did that happen?!

So, I thought it would only be fitting to use one for today's countdown tag.









The tag is coloured with tumbled glass and has some water thrown at it for the watermark effect.

The cage is coloured with scattered straw and a top layer of mustard seed (I had intended to write something on the tag about "a bird (i.e Linda) in her gilded cage" but... instead I stamped the two Wendy V sentiments. The bird is brushed corduroy and some glitter glue for a bit of accent on the wing and the eye.

Only a week to go, Linda - how's the packing?!

Got to go know, the football has started and you know me by now, will watch any match that's on.  Good job England don't play till tomorrow evening, that would be a challenge with the Craft Barn during the day!!  Now, do you think I will spend much whilst I'm there????!!!! Ha, you've seen the state of my floor after a stash spree - what do you think?  Besides, it's my birthday in a couple of weeks so I need to buy myself something, right?

8 comments:

flutterbycrafter said...

OMG, that's' so apt, fantastic tag, soooo creative, love it.

Carmen said...

This is gorgeous, again Helen! love that background colour. OH was dithering about going to his birdie club tonight or stay home and watch the footie - he's not even usually a footie fan. More cricket. I can tell this is going to be a looooooong... I dread to think how many weeks!

Unknown said...

LOVELY tag again ... and yes I think you will spend too much and yes I think you will be able to fit both the Craft barn and the football in ... I reckon it must be your kind of day X Thank you for joining the countdown again X

Lori said...

Great tag, Helen, love the bird and cage die, great stuff! Yes, I think you need more stash, although it would cut into football time, but a person needs to have priorities...

Lesley Edmonds said...

Brilliant tag! Love those dies!

Knew you'd be glued to the footie! Have fun!

Lx

Anneliese said...

Great tag :) I love that die too !
Hope you have a great day at the craft barn & watching the footy !

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Beautiful tag Helen, love the colours too :-) I really must get some more sentiment stamps - so useful. I have those two dies and a couple of others hehe. Need to buy some of Tim's embossing folders though!
Anne xx

Gez Butterworth said...

Oooh FAB tag again Helen. I do love the look of the bird cage. :)
Suppose I need a die cutter before I go eyeing up dies!!