Sunday 13 June 2010

Two for the price of one

I don't very often combine a piece I do for two separate challenges - but as one is unofficial, and they are friends, I didn't think they'd mind!

This piece is for both Hels' Sunday Stampers - "numbers" - it's her birthday today, Happy Birthday Hels, hope you're having a great day. Secondly, it's my tag for Linda's Ranger U countdown - 5 sleeps to go - crikey, it's getting close, Linda!!!! (I'll have to come back and add the link when YOUR 5 tag goes up!)



I have had huge trouble photographing this cos the flash has been bouncing off the metal .  However, I made a metal rose using barn red TSS metal and the Paperartsy grunge flower and die, both of which I love.  I wanted to get a close up of the flower, but it wasn't happening!!
The tag is coloured with barn door DI and stamps are Wendy's. I traced round a large 5 plasma number on the backing of a blending tool pack (only 2 gaps on my craft spinner now!) and painted it white before using stormy sky DI and the Wendy background number stamp, tieing in all themes! The leaves are Paperartsy on grungepaper, in faded jeans and sprayed with a DI reinker/perfect pearls mix. I had originally stamped the sentiment on the tag itself but then the 5 wouldn't fit (it's hiding under the 5!) so stamped it on a scrap and sponged some barn door ink on it.  Sorry, it's a bit blurry.

Hels is also very generously giving away some candy this week - I thought you were supposed to receive pressies on your birthday, lol! So, thanks Hels, Happy Birthday again, and check out her own awesome shadow box she's made this week.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE this tag ... Thanks for joining us again ... just adding the finishing touches to mine ... should be up shortly X

Julia Dunnit said...

Lovely - like the blue, very fresh. They're quite a lot of work, hu!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Another gorgeous tag Helen, love the colours too ;-) I'll be doing 2 tomorrow. Will the camera work without the flash indoors? Mine does so I often turn the flash off as it often produces a big light blob on photos.
Anne xx

Lori said...

Love the tag, Helen, especially that scrummy rose, tis a beauty! And great way to get more mileage out of a tag! lol

elina said...

your flower is beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic tag Helen, love the rose! Was nice to see you on saturday, albeit very briefly! Lol! x

brenda said...

Wow Helen, this is a bit different, that flower is a breautiful ruch colour.

Not that I am envious or anything, but you are the second person tonight I have visited who saw Suze at the weekend.

B x

Hels Sheridan said...

Ooh, this is gorgeous Helen.. thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper...I reckon Linda must be beside herself by now LOL Hugs x