Sunday 27 June 2010

Sunday Stamper - Pearls


Hels' SundayStamper challenge this week is to use pearls. I have taken a liberty with this - but made a Thank You tag for everyone who sent me messages for my birthday.

The tag is coloured with shabby shutters (LHS) and crushed olive (RHS) and overstamped with a Wendy background.  I used a square tag that didn't turn out right in the tattered florals die, (never throw anything away!) and stamped on it with a stamp from a new set (another birthday treat to myself) by Inkadinkado.

And the pearls- liquid peals...... well, they're called pearls!!

The other stamps are Paperartsy.

In the end, I did nothing apart from some shopping - I'd done the first (food) trip by 8.30 and went back out to finish off - the drawback of not having a car is you can't carry everything on one trip - fortunately I live close enough to the shops in Sutton to be within walking distance!

I found a bit of a bargain though - this gorgeously turquoise box was half price in WH Smith!
I'm not showing you what's in it yet though.  I had to move a few things around to find a surface for it - but now it's right above my craft mat within easy reach when I'm crafting-on-the-floor!! (Bit of a hint there, something lives in it now that is dear to my heart!)  It's already become a bit of a dumping ground.

By the time I struggled back up the high street and home, it was nearly 11 so I decided just to "veg out" for the rest of the day - sport on TV - heaven.  Stayed well out of the sun - I don't like the heat - bit like today is going to be! Grand Prix, football, more football..... lovely jubbly!!

6 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous and I looove the pearls you used...grand idea! Have a fab day watching the footy... we have our flag flying... I just did the Sainsbury's run and it was manic already! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday stamper x

Elaine said...

Love your tag and choice of WHSmith's set of drawers. I've got 6! A4 card fits perfectly and stamps and and ..... Glad you enjoyed your birthday!

Anonymous said...

I have 3 sets of those drawers Helen, red, pink & lilac! Have you got your DIs in your's? There's allsorts of bits in mine! Glad you had a good birthday xx

Carmen said...

Nope I'm with you on the heat I really HATE it! Blech.

I'm thinking something Tim related is in those drawers?

Gorgeous tag Helen, love the colours.

Lori said...

Lovely tag Helen, should have gotten off my arse and sent you a Birthday card, shouldn't I have? Love the colors you used. And your turquoise drawers are cute! Are you sure you have something to put in them???

Craftyideas said...

Gorgeous tag. Great bargain box love turquoise now what are you going to put inside???