Saturday 6 August 2016

Paperartsy - Colour Mixing and new stamps

The current topic at Paperartsy is Colour Mixing and we have seen some fabulously informative posts about how to mix colours (and not make mud!) and some of the guests have taken a huge amount of time to experiment with colours.  Kim Dellow has also released a new set of stamps to go alongside her earlier releases and they are gorgeous!

so I had a play in my journal with some bright contrasting colours (Inky Pool, Limelight and Bougainvillea) for some impact and stencilled modelling paste.

I started with the black modelling paste to get some texture on the page, and then painted round the paste (once dry) with the paints.. I used some white to slightly tone down the pink.
and some white and black marker doodling to outline the breaks between the colours (it was feeling a bit map-like at this stage but I still had no idea where I was going..)
 then Kim's stamps arrived and I had a play... stamped them on some white cardstock, and painted them with the same 3 colours, cut them out and glued them to the journal.

Added some thinned Snowflake by using the Tim Holtz splatter brush
Hoping to have another (better) play at this for the challenge if thee is time.. but the Olympics have started (I am watching a re-run of the Opening Ceremony as I write this) so I may be a bit distracted...

Entering the Paperartsy challenge here

15 comments:

Miriam said...

I love your page Helen... and yes, those stamps are fab!

Miriam said...

I love your page Helen... and yes, those stamps are fab!

Etsuko said...

Wonderful colours combo and great Kim's flowers images. xx

Deborah Wainwright said...

Love this Helen! Great use of colour and you have rocked Kim's new stampsx X

geezercrafter said...

Great colour combination you have chosen. You have done the new stamps justice. Love that you cut out the flowers, wonderful page!!

Craftyfield said...

Wow the colours are stunning! And Kim's stamps look good against this background... I bet you had them in mind all along!

sam21ski said...

Love the bright colour combo, but can I just ask a question? Why did you put the modelling paste on first and paint round it, why didn't you put it on over the top after you'd coloured the page then you wouldn't have had to paint around it!! xx

Helen said...

Ah yes Sam. hindsight... didn't plan what I was going to do that's why!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oooh! Fab page Helen. Love it! Lx

craftimamma said...

Love your page Helen. Brave use of such bright/dramatic colours.....I am such a wimp using strong colours but you've done a great job with these and Kim's stamps are perfect. FB! Texture too and the doodling is a great way to highlight.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Claire said...

Hi Helen, loving this bright page and Kim's new stamps look fab! Can't wait till mine arrive :-)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, this post was worth seeing. It was truly colorful, and the colors were simply stunning together. I love the beachy colors you chose. And those stamps seem to work well with the colors, too. Thanks for visiting while I was offline, too.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Trust you Helen to have those new stamps... I should have known. Gorgeous. Angela x

craftytrog said...

Love this vibrant page Helen! x

Sue said...

Love your page Helen, the colours are gorgeous and I love the new stamps. Hope you enjoy another Olympic weekend xx