Monday 29 August 2016

Peter and Grace's Wedding - the memories

Today is the anniversary of the day my sister, Peter's Mum, died.  19 long years ago - although they have passed in a flash...

So much has happened of course, including, on 13th August, a couple of weeks ago, a very happy day spent at her middle son's wedding.  You've seen the hundreds of photos I took, here now, are a few I have - shock horror - had printed - and scrapped and journalled!

 I found some pretty Prima pages that toned with nicely with the bridesmaids dresses
 I kept the pages simple, with just some Prima flowers to augment the paper

 In the journal, I painted the page with Vanilla Fresco, then went over with Cheesecake and stencilled some hearts in White Fire Fresco, and stamped some JoFY flowers, painting them Peacoat and Blue Glass, to match the groom's colours
 the menu, invitation
 layering them so everything can open and still be seen..

just loved this photo of the little pageboys squinting in the sun, it's my favourite photo of the day I think.
 two handsome boys!
 my brother, sister in law and I in the photobooth.. click to enlarge and catch our expressions!
so, once again, many congratulations to the happy couple (and their daughter Maisie) - doing this today has given me happy memories on what is normally a sad day.  Love you!!

8 comments:

sam21ski said...

Great way to spend the day - lovely xx

jojo79 said...

Great pages Helen, what a lovely way to spend a sad day. The stamps on the page look fab x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

For someone who doesn't create scrapbook pages, you did a fantastic job! Sorry to read this about your sister, but it was nice to read that the day brought fond memories for once.

brenda said...

What beautiful pages Helen, wonderful memories of a lovely day.

B x

craftytrog said...

A great way to spend your day Helen, these pages are a wonderful way to celebrate that happy day. Love the photo booth shots!
Alison x

Julie Lee said...

The perfect way to spend this day. This is such a beautiful memory of a lovely day. You must have gained a lot of pleasure in creating this. I'm sure your sister would have been glad to think that. xx

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely photo journalling to commemorate a happy event, though on a sad day. I love the blue/green JOFY flowers against the Vanilla Cheesecake background (sounds tasty too!).
Alison x

Sue said...

Beautiful pages Helen, and a great way to spend must still be a sad day for you xx