Sunday 14 August 2016

JoFY patterns

So currently Paperartsy's topic/challenge theme is "patterns"  I love to make patterns with stamps and this time used my new JoFY large flower stamps from JoFY45 which are just gorgeous.
As usual there have been some fabulous posts featuring great use of patterns - check them out.

This is what I did.
I used Sky and Ice Blue for the background, and then stamped the larger flower repeatedly over the page.  For the purples I used (searches brain as I did this days ago...)  Pansy, with touches of Plum and Wisteria. white Sharpie highlights, and Eggplant and Plum on the edges of the flower petals.
I filled in the spaces with the little flower seeds (?) and mixed Plum with Satin Glaze to colour them
 Life IS good - live it!!
entering the Paperartsy challenge here 











as a bonus, you get to see the little journal page I did with Dolly and Little Dude the new minis from JoFY... such cute little fellas!

I made the background with the numbers  mini from Jo, and used archival inks in Vivid Chartreuse and Shadow Grey, a wash of limelight and concrete, then stamped the letters mini in Leaf Green and Watering Can archival (ie. slightly darker shades) and then a watered down wash of Limelight again I think..
Stamped the flowers from JoFY46 and the charachters on scrap paper and coloured with pitt pens.

9 comments:

Claire said...

Looking good Helen - love that blue/purple colour combo! Looks like you are enjoying Jo's new stamps, her little characters are cute :-)

Ruth said...

Gorgeous use of JOFY's new stamps and lovely sour grape shades..Fabulous Helen! Ruth x

brenda said...

Lovely intense colours Helen and what fun little images.

Great start at the Emirates yesterday.

B x

Deborah Wainwright said...

Love this Helen Gorgous colours and the stamps look fab. Love your little pages too. Hugs Debs xx

geezercrafter said...

Love the large flowers and the extra detail you have added, smashing colour scheme. Thanks for the extra, the little dude is cool!!

craftytrog said...

Fab pages, Dolly and Dude look great Helen!

Julie Lee said...

Phew! Here at last to comment! I love your interpretation of the theme, Helen! Those JOFY flowers look fabulous and your choice of colours is great! Love what you did with Jo's little characters too! xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

These are gorgeous Helen! You've made fab use of jofys new stamps! I love your journal page with the little people. You've made me want to get these stamps on Sunday!

Lucy x

Etsuko said...

Stunning Jofy's flowers pages!! great composition and cool colours. I love the Dolly and Little Dude pages they are so cute and lovely background. xx