Sunday 31 May 2015

Paperartsy - Bottles

The new challenge at Paperartsy, is to use bottles. We've already seen some gorgeous examples from the DT, painting them, running paint inside, adding painted tissue to them...
I have some little bottles similar to Tim's (have some of his too, but used these, they're cheaper if things didn't go right...)

Started by adding Dylusions paint to a 6x6 box canvas.. originally I thought I'd use the backside so I could use the frame edge for my bottles to stand on, but it wasn't working how I had in my mind... so I started messing about on the canvas side, no longer even sure if I'd still use it for the bottles challenge ..

 I painted it with the leaf green Dylusion paint, then added some areas of yellow, (no pics in progress, was too painty!)... added some white at the top of the yellow ... starting to get a bit of an idea...
I was adding the other colours just with the edge of the largest of the Dina Wakley brushes, getting a nice straight line of colour, just pouncing it onto the canvas.. very very loosely look liked a Monet-style waterlily pond... (without any of the skill)

painted a skinny bottle with Snowflake Fresco (it's about an inch and a half tall to give you an idea) and the small one - tried to squirt some of the heavy glass bead gel into it... not very successfully.. I guess it will dry clear eventually!!
needed a waterlily like flower for my bottle... rummaged through one of my flower drawers, and came across this one whose colours toned nicely with the canvas.


stamped one of the Lin Brown flower quotes onto white card and glued it to the canvas.
Entering the Paperartsy "Bottles" challenge here 


14 comments:

sam21ski said...

Love the simplicity of it xxx

Julie Lee said...

Lovely Zen look to this project, Helen. The background is great - reminds me of Monet! A pure and simply lovely project. xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Totally scrumptious paint effects on your canvas, Helen - I love them, and the little vases are adorable. How cool that you found exactly the right flower to do the whole thing justice.
Alison xx

Unknown said...

I really love this Helen! The background is gorgeous with such fresh looking colours and the effect you got with the paint is lovely. The pretty flower in the bottle is the perfect finishing touch for a stunning project.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Etsuko said...

Awesome Helen! Really beautiful background and fab bottles and a flower. I agreed with Julie, reminds me of Monet too! Love it! xx

brenda said...

What a gorgeous background Helene with the little hints of pink to reflect the flower.

B x

Kirsten said...

I love this. The background is really gorgeous & the little bottles are fab.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! That background! Love it :oD

craftytrog said...

Absolutely love that background! x

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is totally amazing, I love that Monet effect!

Lucy x

Sarah B said...

really pretty Helen - love the background colours x

Craftyfield said...

As soon as I saw the background I was reminded of Monet's Water lilies. Well done for attempting the Bottles challenges, I'm afraid I have given up!

Unknown said...

I love the background to this, so much colour xx

Carmen said...

This is just so pretty Helen! Love the colours and those cute little bottles. You'll have to let us know how long it takes for the tiddy one to go clear :D