Saturday 16 May 2015

WOYWW - The Crop

Evening all, got home from a wonderful day in a very sunny Wiltshire, and the third WOYWW crop.  As always, thanks to Jan and Julia the day was wonderful, full of laughter, chatting, cake, crafting, chatting, fabulous lunch, cake, crafting, chatting, cake.. you get the idea (gorgeous Lemon Drizzle again Fiona!)

No drama on the train journey this time to disrupt me.
 not sure I had enough to keep me busy though...
 very neatly packed on the way there..
 Hugs given, and atcs swapped, we settled down to crafting... that's my space on the corner, next to Chris, spreading out as usual (me that is!)
 Zoe and Lisa.
 the red white and blue - Shaz, Chris and Zoe. Zoe died her hair blue in honour of her beloved Bristol Rovers reaching the Play Off Final at Wembley tomorrow.
 Lunchtime!! Julia and Jan dishing up another fantastic spread... Dolores choosing
 and Debbie
Jan's hubby Gordon came in to do the ritual group shots....
yes, Jan, we can see you.  She was presenting Zoe with her birthday card and gift..
Sam (Hettie) working away, Fergus looking on.
here's the cake...some of it!

Zoe cutting her birthday cake - a Bristol Rovers one, of course.
Have eaten my slice as I was uploading the photos, it was gorgeous!
 here's the fun.
 Dolores and Mary Anne.. Julia is on tea making duty in the kitchen behind - a very important role!
 Jan, actually managed to sit and crochet for a bit.









Lisa Jane, Cindy ,Zoe and Lisa
I don't seem to have got round everyone to take more photos, sorry ladies!!
 and this is the crafting... I had an idea before I went, that I wanted to do a journal page celebrating WOYWW and the love and friendship we have all developed in the 6 years (in 10 days time) it's been running.

Used my new Dylusions paints... lush!  Some Prima Light Paste through a stencil,  chip letters,
 painted the letters and got some crackle going on them...

Cindy had the INSPIRED idea to get everyone to sign the page (sadly, Shaz had had to leave early to go to a wedding, so I wasn't able to get her to sign)

 it was a  great idea, Cindy thank you!! What a lovely memory of th day. (I'd better date it, so I don't forget!)















My second journal page used the Tim Crazy Birds which came the other day, on a bit of an abstract Fresco'd background and some pieces of book pages.

Coloured the birds with Portfoleo pastels..
Crazy birds indeed!

All too soon it was time to start packing up (much less neatly than on the way, but luckily it all went back in.. kind of... and the paints survived the journey home without leaking!
Thanks to everyone who was there (not going to list everyone, I'm bound to miss someone which would be awful) - looking forward to next year!!

21 comments:

sam21ski said...

Well, certainly looks like you had a good time and what a lovely turn out. Love the idea of everyone signing your page.

xxx

Kyla said...

It was a lovely day and after seeing your gorgeous journal 'in the flesh' so to speak I have decided I really do need to purchase some fresco paints!!

Thanks for letting me stamp some of your TH bird images, as usual I left there full of cake, tired but oh so inspired.
Kyla

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

You were quick off the mark. Lovely to see you and thanks for sharing your photos. Glad you enjoyed the cake.

Hazel Agnew said...

What a great dat ahelen! Great journal page and cake as well! Result! Xx

Ohhh Snap said...

Great Journal Pages! Perhaps Shaz could sign a note an you could add it in?

Ohhh Snap said...

If Shaz signed a piece of tissue paper with permanent ink, could it be collaged on so the signature showed and the tissue blended in? Enguiring minds ponder lol.

Nikki said...

Looks like you all had a fun time at the crop :) Fabby Journal pages too
Hugs Nikki

snazzyoriginal said...

Glad you had a wonderful day, love that turquoise page with all the signatures x

Annie said...

Thanks for sharing the photos of your fab day....[much better than mine spent pacing the floor in pain and visiting the acute eye clinic at the hospital twice in 12 hours!]
I'm really hoping to get down there to join you all....maybe next year?
Hugs,
Annie x

Unknown said...

Looks like u had a fab time! Love the idea of every one signing your page. X

Julia Dunnit said...

I'm pretty sure you spent ages stamping birds onto sheets for loads of us too! Thank you! Great pics, I love that there are pics of moments that I didn't see. I didn't see Jan sit down at all, not once!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm simply delighted you shared these photos. It really helped me feel like I was there (minus cake, of course). Group shots are nice, but you certainly know how to capture the moment and the impromptu. Thanks for getting them up so quickly, too.

Julie Lee said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous time. What a great idea to have the journal page sign - a really lovely reminder of a great day! xx

craftytrog said...

Looks like you all had a lovely day! Fab pages, & a lovely idea to get everyone to sign.

Eliza said...

Hi Helen,

I have been busting to get home today to see what you all got up to and it looks like you all had a blast of a time and the food, well my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Love the journal pages and what a fantastic memo of the special occasion to get everyone to fill it in. Speeeecccial

Hugs and thanks Eliza & Yoda

CraftygasheadZo said...

Super post and pics, love the one of me cutting cake. Fab as my parents etc will want to see these! Had amazing day yesterday, really feeling it today but worth it! Will blog/post soon! TC ZO xx

Kirsten said...

What a great blog post! I'm so pleased you had such a wonderful day & your journal page is a gorgeous memento.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Great photos! Just realised I have directed folk to your blog but not left you a comment!! Really enjoyed working/playing alongside you! Loved seeing your journals and watching you create those fabulous pages! Hugs, Chrisx

Carmen said...

Looks like an amazing day - just been over to Kyla's where she was saying about seeing everyone's journals. Ah - that would be amazing. Such a treat!

Tea making is THE most important job ;)

Lin said...

oh I love those crazy bird pages they are brilliant!! I need that set lol xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Such lovely smiles all round and two great page spreads. I really love the springtime feel of your crazy bird pages, it's like there are fresh new leaves and blossom petals scattered across the page.
Alison xx