Saturday 30 May 2015

Black Gesso...

I am just settling down to watch the FA Cup final, but before I do, have a journal page to share... I started with black Gesso in the A4 Seawhite journal.  and Dylusion paints.  I wanted to see how they would go over the black .... lush is the answer!  See what you think.
I used the Emma Godfrey stencil with the chevrons, in pink and orange.
 then added the kind of egg shape stencil in the lime green.
outlined the chevrons in white Sharpie marker... needs more white., wanted words...
went for a Crafters Workshop stencil and Snowflake Fresco.

thanks for looking!

13 comments:

CraftygasheadZo said...

Love this - I only have white gesso so it's interesting to see how it goes. Good job! I'm listening to the cup final. Take care Zo xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Fabulous colours in the black, that's so good that they stand up to that sort of opacity. Loving the chevrons. Footy's not terribly exciting yet....

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful ✨Enjoy the football

sam21ski said...

Oh WOW they worked perfectly over the black which surprised me as they are meant to be transparent - lol

Great page, very striking indeed xxx

Kirsten said...

Wow! That is a gorgeous page. And how impressive that the paints went over the black gesso so well.

Unknown said...

These pages are wonderful Helen. I love those bright colours against the black and the white really lifts the shapes. Fab stuff!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Claire said...

I'll have to try this as it looks great! The Dylusions colours really look good against the black X

brenda said...

Have to confess I didn't watch it Helen, first time in years I think, sounds like it was a bit of a fait accompli.

Love the bold geometric patterns of your journal pages.

B x

Deborah Wainwright said...

Brilliant idea to use over the black as the colours looks real vibrant. The affect you have created is fab xx

Kezzy said...

Oh wow truly awesome journal page, I really do love bright colours on black, they really pop. I was wondering if you could email me your address, I have some woyww ATC's and wanted to send one to you, I don't need one in return, I just wanted to send to those I sent to last year :-). Happy Art, Kezzy xxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Those paints sure do look good! I love this geometric page! Chrisx

craftytrog said...

Love this bold spread!

Carmen said...

Ooooh! Love those colours against the black.