Wednesday 12 June 2013

TIO - Red, book pages/text, embellishment

Welcome to another challenge from the Dragons Dream Team - it's my turn to pick this fortnight. I am asking you to use the colour red (as your main colour) an embellishment, and book pages or text.

I started with a kraft tag which I painted with black Fresco Paint then a layer of claret, and old gold, before adding the crackle glaze. The top layer is vintage lace, and then after it cracked, I dry brushed claret and old gold sparingly over it.  Lightly inked the edges with black soot distress ink.
The book is from some old book pages, cut in half, sprayed red, and sewn together with some sparkly red thread.










I painted an art part lady's face with vintage lace paint, and stamped the corresponding image on top, before colouring her with distress inks. (hair - wild honey, gathered twigs and frayed burlap; lips festive berries) (no close up due to camera shortcomings!)  Added some glasses (Blossom Bucket embellishment)

 I covered the front and middle of the book with rock candy crackle paint for some added texture (I wasn't sure how I'd display the book on the tag at this time!)
 the sentiment is from the Wendy Vecchi set 'Tales of Art' that the face comes from.

17 comments:

ElizabethR said...

Great idea and a fab tag! Elizabeth xxx

Lin said...

Wow this is great Helen..loving the red!! turned out fantastic!!

craftytrog said...

Fabulous!!! x

brenda said...

Lush colours Helene and like the Hepburn look alike (it's the sunglasses I think).

B x

sam21ski said...

Wow fantastic, love how your book looks on the tag.

Sam xx

May said...

Fabulous recipe Helen, Love your tag.. The book pages are fab...Love the face & Brilliant Glasses... Hugs May x x x

Words and Pictures said...

It's a great recipe - and I love your tag!
Alison x

Julie Lee said...

A lovely idea, beautifully executed. I must try to join in with this. Life is a bit busy; but I really will make an effort! xxx Julie Ann

Anonymous said...

Terrific tag, love the colours & the book looks great.

Virginia said...

Oh Helen that's great loving the image of the lady - brilliant stuff!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A gorgeous tag, great details. Love the glasses.

Diane said...

Very fun tag design.

Regards diane

Lori said...

Love all the Wendy stuff Helen! Really cool!

Michelle Webb said...

This is brilliant Helen, love those red pages. Have you cut up your net curtains yet? That made me laugh loads. It's a great technique though, I love it. Michele x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous tag, I love the book pages and how,you have used Wendy Vecchi's image. Tracy x

Inkypinkycraft said...

this tag looks great and love the red book! x
xx hugs trace x

JoZart Designs said...

wow, this tag looks exciting and good fun!
Thanks so much for my ATC... catching up now I'm back in blogland after my travels with Flat Susan! It was so lovely to come home to such lovely mail!
Jo x