Well, I had no hope of emulating Darcy's Geisha Kitty which I think was one of the most extraordinary and gorgeous things I've seen for ages.... but I did like the idea of gesso-ing fabric for strength and took it from there...
I remembered in my stash I had a little pose-able mannekin (from the Works) and decided to make him/her a little outfit. It looks a bit more like a bandit's blanket robe thing than a kimono, but hey ho!!
I have some poly-cotton fabric I got last year at the Craft Barn (no fabric shops near me!) and cut it in rough kimono/wrap shape, with slits for arms and head, then painted it with gesso. (couple of coats)
Once dry, I stamped the harlequin background from Letters 5 in black archival. and a couple of flourishes (HP1006) in aquamarine archival.
Looking back again at Darcy's I should have cut the fabric to fit it to the mannekin better, but there we go! Rough and ready, that's me....
I wanted to try and make a hat or umbrella thing too, I had already stamped in paint, onto fabric, the large flower from ELB01 and decided to use that. I added a couple of coats of gesso to this too, to stiffen the fabric first. Much fiddling then ensued... tried matches, had no cocktail sticks, or bamboo skewers or anything thin enough... cut the ends of a cotton bud in the end and tried to fix it to the fabric.. I tried glossy accents. kept falling over... tried grunge paste (would have worked,if I hadn't kept picking it up to stage it, and it wasn't set enough..)
Linking it here for Paperartsy