Wednesday 26 June 2013

Daisy, Daisy....

The other day I treated myself to another one of the new Jo Firth-Young stamp plates for Paperartsy... and this is about the first time I've had to play with it...

I also used the Green Olives Fresco paint which I also bought the other day.. you get the idea!

 I painted the pages with the green olives paint, then dragged a scraper through it to make a design (this is a plastic tool for use on the Gelli plate which I don't have) and although I bought it some time ago, I've not used it before.

Stamped the flowers in black archival and painted them in with watered down Honey Dew Fresco trying to keep the words visible in the petals.
 I've used some of the home-made tape that I created after Darcy's Paperartsy post earlier this week, as it tones colourwise and uses the little flowers from this same stamp set.



 I really really love this dragonfly stamp!! I highlighted the wings with sparkly gel pens
and also outlined the flower petals with one too.




This is my third post today... crikey!

14 comments:

sam21ski said...

Fab pages, love how you've created the background and yay for using your washi tape!!

Sam xxx

Darcy Marshall said...

Looks great, You know if you dont want to guy a gelli plate you can always make one. Ask Jean (musicscrp) for the recipe. Love the bit of sparkle around the dragonfly.

Anonymous said...

Fab pages, love the background.

CraftygasheadZo said...

Love this, fab texture and those stamps work super well Take care Zo xx

Julie Lee said...

I love the way the daisies on the tape match up with the daisies on the journal page. Really beautiful. Loving the dragon fly too. Julie Ann x

Lori said...

Love what you're creating with the Jo Firth stamps, Helen, you seem to really like them!!! lol...they are pretty darn cool, though, this is a fab layout!

Virginia said...

Oh Helen that's great I'm loving the usage of the stamps!

Words and Pictures said...

Love these pages, Helen - really great how the pale petals pop against that textured background.
Alison x

Sandy said...

Helen this is really gorgeous - would love to know more about how you achieved this look. What is a stamp plate?
sandy

Krisha said...

Fantastic Helen!! You can never go wrong with daisies and dragon flies ...LOL

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Two wonderful pages, great background and flowers.

craftimamma said...

Love these pages Helen! They combine a couple of my favourites - daisies and the (what I call) sludgy green shades. Your tape looks fab too!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Carmen said...

Those daisies are gorgeous Helen, the
Y just pop off the page!

Lin said...

wowo you have been a busy little bee..the joys of having vac...love these pages Helen and I have def got to get that set of stamps!!