Thursday 20 May 2010

Tag Tuesday - 52

I have only discovered this challenge a couple of weeks ago - and here they are celebrating a whole year of Tag Tuesdays. And yes, I know it's Thursday!!

Anyhow, the theme this week was suggested by a blog buddy of mine, Lori - 52 - so out came some numbers!

I apologise now for the photo - the artificial light is dreadful tonight and I was ducking and diving to keep my shadow out of the way!!



Lets see if this scanned image is any better (now the glue's dried!) Hmm ok, but not straight!

Anyhow, I used bundled sage and crushed olive DI's and then tried a technique I read about some time ago that haven't had time to try before - using the ball of string that was on my desk in WOYWW yesterday.

I draped the string round the tag a few times and then sprayed over the whole tag with a perfect pearl/DI reinker mix.  I think possibly the string wasn't held down on the tag tightly enough as it doesn't really leave as defined an image as I thought it would - practice obviously makes perfect with this one!!

Anyhow, I dried the shimmery spray and then stamped the Tim H numbers across the tag (crushed olive) stamped the small Tim heart on a scrap and cut it out close to the heart.  I covered two chipboard numbers with some patterned paper (Crafty Individuals) and added them, and some prima flowers, to the tag. "celebrate today" is by Wendy V.
Happy Birthday, Tag Tuesday!

(EDIT.  The string technique is detailed properly here by the uber-talented Jo Capper-Sandon)

6 comments:

Lori said...

Hey! Great to see you joined this week! Fabulous job on the tag, Helen, I love the string background, and I hope you saved the string for future use??? lol. Great technique. Love your colors. The flowers and numbers are great!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Helen, glad you scanned it...makes it much easier to see. What a cool technique with the string, too. Thanks for sharing! And thanks for joining us as of late at TT.

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh yes so much easier to see scanned. a Lovely tag too!

Crissi Harvey said...

Lovely tag and thanks for the string idea

Gez Butterworth said...

Love the colours Helen. Your tag looks great.xx

Jean Franks Beck said...

Love the effect you got with your string... it's your very own technique this way! Very pretty background and tag!