Sunday 16 May 2010

SS 103 - RED, red and more red.


Well, red is one of my favourite colours - Liverpool play in red, after all!  So I was pleased to see Hels' Sunday Stamper theme today is "red" .  After yesterday's hangy piece, I have gone back to tags for this - a square one this time.  At the last minute I have turned it into a card, mounting it on a black 8x8 card base.




Here's how it started. Barn Door round the edges of the tag, a smidgen of Spun Sugar in the middle (under the text) I added Barn Door over the sequin waste and the Tim H alphabet at the bottom.  The text in the middle is stamped on a scrap which was distressed with the paper distresser.



I made up a grungepaper flower using the 3 sizes of the Wendy V roses, Barn Door again and the dotty lines background  and this time left them whole, layering them up, offsetting the patterns and using 3d foam for some height. I used rock candy distress paint on the top layer and chucked some glitter in it whilst it was cracking.  For the bottom right, i stamped another Wendy flower on vellum (this is the second attempt cos I used the wrong ink first time and it wouldn't dry - this is stazon. I cut it out and used a touch of crushed olive ink for a bit of contrst.
I had some butterflies left from yesterday, the one on the vellum flower I used a game spinner for the body. For the rest I used some bling for the bodies

Finally I made up a little "with love" scrap using the Wendy stamp, distressing and adding bling.

There's quite a lot of red going on here, which is what made me decide to mount it on the black card.

In between making this, I've cooked a roast dinner and am watching the Monaco Grand Prix (its very exciting!) - never let it be said I can't multitask!!

8 comments:

Lori said...

OOooooo, this is positively LOVELY, the red on the black is stunning. Love the idea of the vellum flower!

Carmen said...

Just gorgeous. I'm with you, red is such a gorgeous colour especially paired with the black. That sentiment is really lovely too.

Krisha said...

This is just beautiful! Love the senitment and the color red is one of my favs. Glad you made it into a card, the black just makes it POP! Thanks for sharing

Lynn Stevens said...

Very striking, Red and black make such an awesome statement!

Mummylade said...

Thank you for joining in our Allsorts celebration this week. Good luck!

Hels Sheridan said...

Oh, gorgeous card Helen, love the stamping :O)) Thanks for joining in with the challenge x

flutterbycrafter said...

Well you certainly can multi task,hope you enjoyed the roast dinner. This card is beautiful, love all the elements you've used on it.

brenda said...

Hi Helen

Thanks for joining in our Alllsorts Birthday celebrations and entering a lovely card as well.

B x