Sunday 25 April 2010

And now for something completely different

(As Monty Python would say!) As an antidote to all that pretty, girlie stuff on the card for the Stampotique challenge I have gone back to a more grungey style for this tag.
I used brushed corduroy and dusty concord for the tag, and the smaller of the Paperartsy flowers from the Hot Picks plate, which I stamped in a "tumbling" fashion down the tag - oh,ok, you sussed me - I stamped the top one upside down so decided to carry on turning the stamp for each image... right, where was I? the criss cross comes from one of the Flora and Fauna Paperartsy sets (not the Hot Pick set as I blogged when I used it before, oops) and added some scraps of copper metal on which I stamped the cogs from Artisitic Stamper (another Ally Pally purchase used here for the first time!), a Muse token from Idea-ology which I attached with some twisted wire and a maya road cog that I centered with a washer.

I am up early this morning to watch - from the comfort of my armchair - the London Marathon - I don't DO running at all - but I love to watch all the thousands of people running round London streets.  It's raining at the moment so they'll be happy as the forecast was for hot - not good fun-running weather - and I toyed with the idea (as I do each year!) of going up with my camera, but again decided to take the lazy option! Good luck to everyone running, though.

3 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

Love the grungy look! Great tag!

Angie said...

I'm with you re the Marathon ... best view ... from the sofa. I can still see my Mums face when they interviewed an elderly runner and she suddenly realized it was a friend from her school days... Mum had trouble walking to the local shops !!!


Brilliant tag ....I love that stamp so much ....great choice of colours.

Lori said...

Ah yes, nice and grungy! Love the use of the gear chip, and of course the ideaology is a great addition! and yes, I agree on the running part.lol