Sunday 23 May 2010

Sunday Stampers - Rip it Up

Sunday Stampers today is going back to the 80s with Hels' inspiration coming from a song I didn't actually remember, "rip it up and start again" till I Googled it. Anyhow, the theme is Ripped/Torn so I have done just that for this card.



I used as my starting point the remains of the sheet of Crafty Individuals paper I used to cover the numbers in my Tag Tuesday tag last week.

I ripped the paper using a "grip and rip" ruler I bought - I think at Newbury LAST July and which I've never used before.... which has serrated deckle edges - into strips.  I took another of my fave cream coloured scalloped edged cards and smooshed a bit of shabby shutters DI across, stamped the script stamp across the corners of the card using forest moss DI and then placed the strips until I was happy with the pattern and then stuck them with a glue stick.  I had a couple of the large Wendy V butterflies stamped on some white card but it was too stark so I coloured that with scattered straw DI and cut them out, and glued them down the middle only so I could bend the wings.  I added some ordinary stickles glue (star dust) along the butterfly bodies where it's picked up the yellow ink below.
I know that the bottom strip is upside down (you can tell I never mastered reading music!!) but i was going for the ways the colours had to overlap, not the pattern on the paper.....
Ok, I am off out now to pick up the photos I took at Kew (yes, I know, Kew again!) yesterday - but it was a glorious morning so hopefully they'll be good - catch them on my other blog later!  Give me a couple of hours!

7 comments:

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Helen, woweeee this is fabby! Love the shabbyness of it all and those butterflies are gorgeous! hugs Heidi xx

Gez Butterworth said...

OOoh great card Helen. The colours are FAB. Hope you've had a great weekend. Sorry for not getting the chance to call sooner. Have a great week. Hugs, Gez.xx

flutterbycrafter said...

Great card, love the torn papers and of course the butterflies.

Hels Sheridan said...

Loving the ripped look Helen, thanks for joining in hun x

Anonymous said...

Really pretty! Love the butterflies!

Lori said...

Way to let 'er rip, Helen! lol Love that paper, the colors are scrummy. The butterflies, well, of course I love them. Fabilistic!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous ripping & tearing Helen! x