Wednesday 10 April 2024

WOYWW 775

 Welcome to Wednesday, deskers.  Tis time already for another WOYWW...

Finally, new inks... 

12 new Versafine Clair colours.  Ain't they purdy!!  

my friend Lesley told me about them, and we both put in a pre-order with a company I've  not used before, (and won't again I reckon) called Crafty Flair. 
They were meant to be with them mid March... we waited and waited.
Turned out there is one UK distributor for Versafine Claire inks and when they turned up, Crafty Flair got missed off the distribution... I know it''s not their fault, and it was a good bulk buy price but you know how impatient I  am for new goodies!  then some customers got duplicates or missing colours... luckily, we both got the correct pads!


onto crafting, at the weekend, whilst waiting for inks...


Another collaged page in my small Dina kraft journal.






and a card, using a die cut of that distress oxide coloured page I showed last week.


I die cut 3 of the images, and the one with colours I liked best, I messed up gluing to try and put on the card base...
If I do this again I might stick the paper onto a backing sheet first, it's very flimsy for wet glue!  I would have used a glue stick but know that I'd have torn the flowers!  

Added some splatters too and a much under-used wooden happy birthday stamp! 


Saturday was Kew day of course, and meant to be sunny and warm.. well it was warm... the sun missed....


but there WAS colour!

and the rhododendrons are coming out too




the grass wasn't dry enough to lie down on for my preferred viewpoint of the tulip meadow under the cherry trees!

Thanks for looking, and happy WOYWW, see you soon 

Hope to be able to put the new inks into action at the weekend!

15 comments:

Twiglet said...

Those ink colours look juicy. You will have fun using them all Love the card and page this week. x x Jo

brenda said...

Only one word today Helen, your an enabler. I had no idea there were new Clair colours, need, need, need and feel justified as I have a part order done to replace some of my older ones so could add a few more, how feeble is that excuse.

Great post anyhhows.

B x

BJ said...

Oh those colours are lovely, all good things come to those who wait. Great collage, I had a go too by tearing up one of my acrylic pieces from the "I didn't really find my joy" acrylic class last year, which I just happened to have scrapped as well - LOL. Flimsy diecuts are difficult to stick, I use 2 pairs of tweezers and still much it up, no one will know. Hugs BJ#6

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Helen, I love Versafine Claire but I have so much ink at the moment so the only ones I tend to buy are black. Never heard of that company and I think James has spoiled us as he sends stuff out so quickly, don't know how he does it really. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x7x

Mary Anne said...

I have been tempted by them for a while but are they water resistant or not. How do you like them? Nice page too, love the fronds, as ever, but will resist!
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (9)

My name is Cindy said...

Lovely ink selection and they are very good, especially over other media so I would think perfect for you. The black is pretty much my go to black these days. The orange tulips are in bloom in my garden - they are fabulous!! Have a great week, love n hugs, Cindy xx #10

Neet said...

Not been tempted yet - would be if I was rolling in money but at the moment other things come before new ink colours. I don't use all the ones from the previous splurge. Not to say I won't be tempted.
Lovely page in your journal and lovely colours at Kew.
Have a good week, Hugs, Neet 12 xx

Annie said...

Lovely new goodies...I'd say they were well worth the wait. Love the Kew pics.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Lynnecrafts said...

A lovely card and journal page, Helen. I understand your frustration. I had the same issue with Great Art. They have a London address but send everything by snail post from Germany and my order took over 3 weeks to arrive.
Your Kew photos were stunning and their tulips are gorgeous.
Take care and happy
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 3 xx

Sarah Brennan said...

I ordered from the same place - mine are yet to arrive. They look fab though. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #13

Crafting With Jack said...

Nice new inks, shame about the wait! The flowers are beautiful. Happy WOYWW. Angela #4

Lindart said...

OOOOH! How envious am I? Very! Such wonderful colours! I have only every bought ink pads one at a time, which means I have black, and red. ☹️ (Not including Distress inks, of which I have many) How wonderful it must be to have all those luscious colours at once! Your collage is lovely, I need to find that journal you have - perfect for lots of collage pages! I love the flowers at Kew, our Daffodils are just coming up, but no other flowers yet. Have a wonderful week, Lindart #15

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh gawd, bit of a shambles with the ink pad orders then, once they'd arrived with the shop. Never mind, I rather suspect that they will be worth the wait, some very scrummy colours in that batch I must say! Really like your Dina journal page, and as suspected, the die cut image has worked a treat from the lovely oxide page! Loving a bit of spring through your camera, won't it be lovely when we get dry blue skies for more than a couple of hours at a time!

Elizabeth said...

Have fun playing with those new inks - lovely colours. The flowers on the card do look very delicate. Pretty too. It's a great time of year at Kew - all those gorgeous tulips. Elizabeth x #14

Kyla said...

ooh that does sound a bit of a faff, not used that company before. Inks look good though and Kew looked fabulous too.
kyla